Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

2011 SDK Examples

Highlighted
Employee

Re: 2011 SDK Examples

Is act the name of your ActFramework object?

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Highlighted

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. I orginally tried to get an example from the SDK working which created an Act.FrameWork object however I have gone right back to a blank console application. No code, i'm just trying to get the something to compile. 

I add the reference to Act.FrameWork.dll like the previous posts say. If I then add only "using Act.FrameWork" or "using Act.FrameWork.Contacts" it wont compile and the reference disappears. While typing the using statement Visual Studio prompts all the different options however after an attempted build the reference drops.

Highlighted
Employee

Sorry I've not encountered this before. So you're saying that when you build within VS, the reference to Act.Framework is removed from the references folder? If so I found this and it may relate to your issue:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8791606/when-compiling-app-it-removes-references

HTH

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Yep thats exactly what is happening. I have tried placing the dll in various locations and it doesnt help. Its almost like the dll is corrupt.

I have never encountered an error like this before. Maybe I'll re-install visual studio.... I just realised I didnt mention I am using Act 2009 if that makes any difference. The Act.FrameWork.dll file came from the Act install directory/ACTWG/GlobalAssemblyCache/Act.FrameWork.dll. I'm copying this dll to my project folder, right clicking references and adding a reference to the dll file.

Highlighted

Didnt read the whole forum. Got it sorted. Chaing the framework from client to the full framework under the project properties seems to fix it. Will keep you posted. 

Thanks!