Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

2010 Product/Services Fields

2010 Product/Services Fields

Hi

I have created extra fields in Opportunities/Add Products and am now trying to access them via the SDK.  I am having difficulty visualising where the fields are actually stored; as after connecting to Act through Excel, the fields don't appear to be in any of the tables I would have expected?

It maybe easier to ask if what I am trying to achieve is even possible and perhaps put me out of my misery:  Get data from two of the fields I have created, add them together and return it to a third field?

Kind regards

Marko

Tuned Listener

Re: 2010 Product/Services Fields

Hi,

I have the similar requirement to programmatically access and add new Product fields.

Does anyone has the idea how to do this in ACT! SDK 2010? 

Fan,

I still have the same problem. The SDK documentation isn't of a good help.

When adding Custom fields to product (menu manage fields / products) , these are not retrievable via ActFramework.Products.GetFieldDescriptors.

We can however find out these fields using ActFramework.Fields.GetFields(RecordType.Product)

However the result is a collection of FieldDescriptor and not DBFieldDescriptor. This is not good because i do not figure it out how to get/set values for such fields.

Any help is very very welcome.

Shiguo_Fan wrote:

Hi,

I have the similar requirement to programmatically access and add new Product fields.

Does anyone has the idea how to do this in ACT! SDK 2010? 

Fan,

Employee

@Marko The new fields you've created can be viewed in the Product_Service view of the OLE.

You can definetly get the values from two fields, perform an operation on them and then update another field with this information. I am however encountering something similar to what taha has discovered. We cannot get the Field via:

DBFieldDescriptor[] Products = _ActApp.ActFramework.Products.GetFieldDescriptors();

We can capture the field like this:

FieldDescriptorCollection AllProdFields = _ActApp.ActFramework.Fields.GetFields(RecordType.Product);

As mentioned, FieldDescriptors do not have Get and Set value methods.

If we know the Opportunity however we should be able to gather the OpportunityProducts and get an assign values that way:

OpportunityList ol = _ActApp.ActFramework.Opportunities.GetOpportunities(null);
CustomEntityList<OpportunityProduct> p = ol[0].GetProducts(null);
p[0].Fields["MyCustomProduct"] = "Data";

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator