Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

2010 Enter and Exit control events

Copper Contributor

2010 Enter and Exit control events

Has there been a change to 2010 as relates to the enter or leave (or change for that matter) events?  they fire just fine in 2009 and earlier but I can't seem to get them to go in 2010.  Please forgive it this is a poorly phrased or rudamentary question, but I'm still feeling my way around.

Thanks

Copper Super Contributor

Re: 2010 Enter and Exit control events

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by enter, leave events, but if you mean AfterLogon and BeforeLogoff events, they seem to work as in 2009 for me. 

Hugo Vale
Datastream Custom Solutions
http://www.datastreamcs.com
Copper Contributor

Actually I'm looking to react to the user exiting/entering/or changing data a layout control.  Here is a bit of code that fails and I believe as a result causes the rest to fail.

Case Is = "ACT.UI.ICONTACTDETAILVIEW"

Try

icfbControl = CType(Parent.Controls.Item(i), Act.Framework.ComponentModel.IContactFieldBoundControl)

IsFound = True

Catch

MsgBox(Err.Description & Err.Number)

End Try

If IsFound Then

Originally the error was not handled, so I added the msgbox  which resulted in this message... 

unable to cast object of type 'ACT.Framework.ComponentModelListNavigator' to type 'ACT.Framework.componentmodel.IContactFieldBoundControl'. 

I"m aware that IcontactFieldBound Control is obsolete.  Is it possible that it's "completely obsolete" in version 12?

Nickel Elite Contributor

Try casting it as a mutableentityfieldboundcontrol ala:

icfbControl = CType(Parent.Controls.Item(i), Act.Framework.ComponentModel.IMutableEntityFieldBoundControl)