Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Updated Contact Web Context Browser Control

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Updated Contact Web Context Browser Control

Here's a datasheet including instructions on installing/using the control.  You can download the control from the first message in this thread.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thank you very much

Gabriele 

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Allen,

Have you found the linkedIN tab (at least with 11.1 - not sure if LI or ACT! issue) causes errors?

Highlighted

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Alan or Mike:

I downloaded the 1.2 .dll and .xml files and placed them in the tool directory on ACT! 11.1 HF1

All the controls I built in 10.3 no longer work.  Argh.  

The screen just goes blank below where the web-page once displayed.  Editing the control in layout designer appears to work.

I even rebuilt one of them just to see if my layout was flawed.

Any thoughts ?

Mark R. Mondo

The CRM Connection

Chicago, IL   

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Argh is right! I'll check with engineering - that shouldn't happen.
Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Thanks Allen   Robot tongue
-MM
World Famous ACT! Certified Consultant @ www.ActiveSales.net
Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

As an update - I'm still looking into this.  I'm seeing some strange behavior when upgrading for some controls, but not all controls. 

I suspect this has to do with the binding interface - where we inherit the ContactListComponent interface, but from my understanding of .Net this shouldn't be the case.

I'm giving the engineering team a little time to respond as we're in crunch mode for the 2010 release so expect this item to remain open until I can get a definitive answer there.

In the mean time I've confirmed that if you rebuild any controls against the version of the product you intend to have as runtime then the control works.  This is intended as a temporary workaround I"M NOT suggestiong this is the solution.

Has anyone else seen this kind of behavior with other custom controls when upgrading?

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Every time Xavier came by last week I missed him so I still don't have an update for this issue. 

Can someone independently confirm that if you simply replace the reference dll's from ACT! with the version of the ACT! client you want this to run in (11.1) the control then works?  This worked on my machine but would love to hear someone was able to replicate this for verification (make sure this isn't environment/setup related).

As a side note - I have the an 11.1 Facebook dashboard component (what you saw at insights) - I'm writing up the docs for posting on this site now - any volunteers to test this before I publish?

Highlighted

I run it with ACT! 11.1, but I get the error previously posted on LinkedIN

I'd also be happy to look at the Facebook version