Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Trying to install Act Pro v20 on my laptop

Trying to install Act Pro v20 on my laptop

At the end with the WINZIP Self Extractor I get

Cant create output file: C:\act!_pro_v20_sp0x159/Autoplay.exe

Please help...Act cust service is closed for weekend and I just dropped $300 and need this running by Monday for my new job.

Thank you in advance.
Ben

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Trying to install Act Pro v20 on my laptop

It could be antivirus so you might temporarily disable that and try again.  Another option is to rename the .exe to .zip and try extracting manually.  It could also be a bad download.  

-----------
Marshall Knapp
AspenTech CRM
Act! Certified Consultants & Premier Trainers
Swiftpage Business Partner - Platinum Level
866-880-4ACT (4228)
www.aspen-tech.com

Same thing for me and was talking to tech rep for ~20 minutes after they close on Friday... dropped $309 ($40 for 30 days? support - I hope they mean 30 business days). Can't get past the autoplay.exe on the install!

Bronze Elite Contributor

You could try starting the install from 'setup.exe' in the following directory...

C:\act!_premium_v20_sp0x159\ACTWG

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

Thanks David, very much appreciated. That worked to get the install running to almost completion. At the end of the install it said the following:

1. unable to copy/install "syncronization-v2.0-x86-enu.msi" please do the install manually after ACT installation

2. unable to copy/install "providerservices-v2.0-x86-enu.msi" please do the install manually after ACT installation

Actdiag does not recognize the SQL instance and my databases that were working Thursday evening. I am hooped until monday unless i can find and figure out how to install the two files to see if that clears up the issues.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Just one thought - did you right mouse click on the setup.exe and 'run as administrator'?

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

Yes. right clicked. There are deeper issues. On trying to attach a db Actdiag ends up with a screen "Needs to be escalated".

Thanks for your help.

Administrator

This error again references the need for escalation of privileges.

Make sure you are running ActDiag as an administrator. I'd also recommend disabling "User Account Control" from the Windows Control Panel.
Bronze Super Contributor

There needs to be a series of steps here to assure that you install ACT V20 correctly.

1. What operating system are you using? What antivirus are you using? Are you on a secured network at an office? Or on your home network?
All of these factors can contribute to your inability to download and install ACT successfully. For example, did a 5 user install recently. Had no issue with install for 4 users, but the 5th user, no go, why? Was on a secured corporate network and that user's profile was so tightly secured we were unable to download an undamaged copy of the ACT install file and the user's Windows rights did not allow the user to install ACT successfully.
2. You may have a defective copy of the ACT install files. Return to the email you received and download the install file again.

3. Go to Control Panel in Windows, open our User profile and set the meter for User Account Control to lowest setting on the meter bar. If you cannot adjust, it means your Windows rights are limited.

4. Turn off your antivirus software when installing ACT. If you cannot turn it off, once again your Windows or AV user rights may be too restrictive.
5. With both the ACT install file (zip) and the actual install of ACT (folder on C drive/setup file), always right click on file and "Run as Administrator"

6. Before you attempt to install ACT, restart your computer, do not open any other apps, then start ACT install....

Hopefully these will be helpful. I know how frustrating installing ACT can be when many computers have tight security settings and you as a user never know that the restrictions are in place.

Good luck!

Best Regards,
Terry Williams
TMW Consulting
Sacramento, CA
tmwilli@tmwconsulting.net
916 396-4302