Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Secured Tab Custom Control for layouts

Employee

Secured Tab Custom Control for layouts

Hi all,

We've had requests on how one might secure a custom tab in the layout designer.  Today, we can secure fields in ACT!, but what if you want a whole tab to be secured by user?  Well now you have a custom control to do just that. Note you still have to secure fields via Define Fields, since those will be available in ACT! in different areas of the product.  However, this is a nice way to clean up your layouts if you have a lot of secured fields such that only users allowed to view a tab will see it.  Quite useful if you segment visibility of fields by department for example (HR, Exec, etc...).

For you developers in the mix, source code included, so customize at will!

--Xavier

Re: Secured Tab Custom Control for layouts

I had been using this feature in Sage Act Prem 2010...and have now upgraded to Sage Act Prem 2012...only to find out that the feature does not work! Now many tabs are visible to users that I did not want to have access. Any way to fix?

Re: Secured Tab Custom Control for layouts

hello,

I found the security tab control to be exactly what I needed, but all my users access ACT via the web and this tab only works on the server side. Is there some code that I can add into the program for it to work on the web side?

thanks

harper28