Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Middle Pane

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Middle Pane

OK, that's weird then.

Can you reconfirm your ACT! version (I know you mentioned AFFP in an earlier thread)  I'll setup a system and try out here to see what it might be.

Astute Commentator

Sure, thanks for looking into it.  Here is my version:

ACT! by Sage for Financial Professionals Version 11.1.0.183x201, Hotfix 1

Bronze Contributor

Re: Middle Pane-2011 refresh

I would like to use this add-on for an ACT 2011 user and it does not work with 2011. Can it be refreshed to work with 2011?

Best Regards,
Terry Williams
TMW Consulting
Sacramento, CA
Nickel Elite Contributor

I think this ought to work for ACT! 2011 as is - I recompiled tis code recently after doing nothing more than removing the line in the code only allowing a single middle tab (as an experiment for Cliff Roberts).  That code works fine on my machine running ACT! 2011 Gold build.

Are you having trouble with this in a specific layout or just in general?

Bronze Contributor

When was the refresh? I downloaded it several weeks ago.

thx.

Best Regards,
Terry Williams
TMW Consulting
Sacramento, CA
Nickel Elite Contributor

I haven't posted it yet - I'm looking for a few validation points to see if it works as expected.  Would you care to be a "beta" tester?

I'm happy to post the source code for this control, I don't know if the source has been posted here before.  

Regards,

Bronze Contributor

Allen,

When was the refresh, what date?

Please answer, will test the copy posted separately shortly.

Best Regards,
Terry Williams
TMW Consulting
Sacramento, CA
Nickel Elite Contributor

Outside of the posting of the source code today I don't think this control ever has had a publically available refresh.  I've custom build this control adhoc for a few special requests but not for things that would generally be wanted as a public change so the answer to your question is - there has never been a refresh of this control before.

That being said the control is forward compatible and should continue to work with ACT! including ACT! 2011 even in it's originally published form.

Bronze Contributor

It would not work about a week ago at a client site with ACT 2011 (no hotfixes installed). Per your comments, will install ACT 2011 on a test computer and try it again. I guess I was confused by your above statement about validation points and me beta testing.

Anyway, will let you know how it goes.

Thx
Best Regards,
Terry Williams
TMW Consulting
Sacramento, CA
Nickel Super Contributor

Would love to see these improvements to this Control:

1) When you select a tab to appear in the control, make it stick, so its there the next time you open ACT.

2) Make the Header bar, that contains the name of the tab, smaller to save space.  Its currently larger than the Layout header bar.

3) the roll-over control, that allows you to resize the middle pane, (at the bottom of the middle pane) is very small and difficult to click on.  Make this at least as large as the other roll-over controls on ACT windows 

4 How about a "side pane" control, that would split the upper pane into right and left halves, and allow you to drag a tab into the upper right corner of your layout?

Daniel Graves . . . DesignR1, LLC . . . Los Angeles . . . 818-780-3201
¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤