Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Middle Pane

Copper Contributor

Middle Pane

[ Edited ]

The “MiddlePane” allows you to add a “panel” on your layout between the upper detail panel and the tabs at the bottom.

Dragging any of the tabs from the Tab control to this panel will move that Tab there temporarily, allowing you to view two tabs at the same time. The easy drag and drop interface means you can switch Tabs on the fly.

Key Features

• Layout based control – Choose which Layouts include the middle pane and which don’t
  • Configure the prompt text for the control in design view
  • Integrated Drag and drop functionality at runtime

Message Edited by Pierre on 01-28-2008 08:19 PM

Message Edited by Pierre on 01-28-2008 08:20 PM

Message Edited by Pierre on 01-28-2008 08:22 PM

Message Edited by Pierre on 01-28-2008 08:23 PM
Nickel Contributor

Re: Middle Pane

News headline!

Developer helps customer develop deep rash that won't go away!

I can't get rid of this program out of ACT!  I uncheck it in layout design and it still appears.  I try to yank it out of it's folder and it causes ACT! to display an error with a blank screen.  HELP!

Why is it recommended to come to this area only to get junk added onto my ACT! software.  let me guess.  You just want to put half created programs for us to be even more disgusted with Sage software.

I want this thing off my computer until you get it right.  You can even save the darn thing and dock it permanatly in a certain area of ACT! It won't even remember what tab was dragged there.  Worst of off,  in the layout design, I can't find it to get rid of it.

How do I get rid of this?

Scratching Deeeeeep rash. 

-P
Bronze Super Contributor

This is a great utility for users upgrading from ACT 6 who would like to see Notes and History viewable at the same time. The only drawback is that it is not sticky and has to be reset each time. Any chance that this can be updated to remember last choice?

PS Have some spare ointment for last contributor!

Chip

Nickel Elite Contributor

Thanks Chip,

I presume the scope of stickiness you are referring to is per open of ACT! (the selected form should remain as long as you have ACT! open).

One thing I could do is expose a property on the control which is the default form - thus allowing you at design time to select the form to load at initial open.  To keep it sticky as per user drag I'd need to persist the tab index selected and load that at next open event which is a bit more work for me.  I'm happy to post the source code here (if anyone wants to try modifying themselves - let me know). 

For anyone who has had issues with this control and wants to remove it but can't find it on the layout designer...

It's possible that the control is somewhere on the detail view behind other controls or under the tab portion of the view requiring you to scroll to see it.  This control can be anywhere on the detail layout view to work (it's position agnostoc in layout designer), so it may be no where near the middle of the layout in design view but will still render properly at runtime.  One thing you can do is hit F4 to get you the Properties workspace in layout designer.  This control is named Middle Pane (select it from the dropdown), this will set focus to the control in the layout which should help locating and deleting the control.

Avid Listener

Any chance of getting the code for this?

Also, this only works with built in tabs and will not allow programmatically added tabs to be dragged and dropped.

DBS
Astute Commentator

It doesn't seem to work with AFFP 11.  I can't get it to show up in the controls on the layout designer.

Nickel Elite Contributor

In Layout designer expand the custom panel on the left - if the control is not in that panel - Right Mouse Button in that panel area and select Customize....

Make sure the control is checked then it should show up in the Custom panel.

Astute Commentator

I can't get anything to show up in the Custom Tools window that you are talking about.  I put the .dll file in the Tools folder and even in the plug-in folder.

Nickel Elite Contributor

There's an extra step after putting the control in the tools directory and restarting ACT! - check out my images attached here - you need to Right mouse click in the panel and hit Customize... - Once you do you'll have the view in the second image attached - check the box next to your control and it will now show up in that panel on the left.

Astute Commentator

I know.  I get it.  But it's not showing up in the Customize Toolbox window that you are talking about, that the picture is of, that it's suppose to be in.  It's not where it is suppose to be, which is where you showed in your picture.  By right clicking the toolbar and clicking customize.  the box that comes up, the "Customize Toolbox", is blank.