Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Middle Pane: Layout & Customize Toolbox Is Empty

Bronze Contributor

Middle Pane: Layout & Customize Toolbox Is Empty

Two weeks ago I was having a problem with calls not rolling over.  The solution took me down a path that cleared my preferences and then ultimately had to re-create each of the items that were not rolling forward.

I mentioned that because it may be related; I just don't know how.

I've loaded the add-on program "Middle Pane" which I use all day long.  However, I am no longer able to get ACT to recognize the "Middle Pane" in the customize toolbox.  The DLL is in the Tools subdirectory and I've rebooted several times (not just for this but because I use a Windows based system too).

ACT Directory.png

It was suggested to ask for help here. 

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Middle Pane: Layout & Customize Toolbox Is Empty

I would rename (or delete) the DependantDlls.xml file located in %appdata%\ACT\ACT Data. If that dll has been listed in this file, it won't load. 

Bronze Contributor

Thank you for the recommendation, but when I started ACT after renaming the file, the Customize Toolbox still came up empty.  I did not see the dll file in either the renamed or replacement file.

I did not reboot, but ACT was closed.

Any other suggestions?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Don't think that the DependentDLLs file affects what is in /tools anyway...

At least in my experience with having a different tool not load (SQL charts for dashboards), the SQL chart dlls were never listed in the XML, I deleted it anyway, still made no difference.

The DevNet Manage Addons tool never lists stuff from /tools either, so they are governed by some other mysterious force.