Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Facebook Dashboard component

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Facebook Dashboard component

We're refactoring the code for this specific component so I don't expect us to publish source any time soon.

That being said I do have some examples of a web browser control embedded in a dashboard component - that's quite easy actually.  I'll look to see if that sample is already posted and if not I'll upload it in this forum as a new post.

Tuned Listener

Wow!  That's so generous of you!  I am very new to the whole Act! experience.   I appreciate your help!

Thank you,

Aimee

Nickel Elite Contributor

OK I didn't find the exact code I used before but I used the dashboard creation visual studio template located here:

Attached is my modified class with a .Net WebBrowser control in the component.

Info on the WebBrowser class can be accessed here:

You can do pretty much anything you want with this control from your dashboard code - including making visible different parts of the browser (address bar) or dynamically setting URI etc...

This implementation shows a simple hard coding to a specific URI at component initialization, but to be thorough you could also recall the initialize at OnRefreshData as well - your choice.

Note - I have not tested this code - I did run a build without errors so the syntax is correct.  Report any questions here and I'll look into it further.

Tuned Listener

Hi Allen,

I followed your instructions for the FacebookFriendProfileID field, and still have the exact same behavior I described in my first post. I can see all my friends, but can't add them to ACT to see their FB page in the web tab.

Cheers!

Rick Ayres

Lakes Print

Spirit Lake, IA 

Tuned Listener

Hi Allen,

I reassigned  the Twitter link to my User 5, for now, and entered a few Twitter page names. It works fine. For now, I'll use this and add that user field to my main contact page as I don't need all the User fields for now.

I'm happy to try another solution, such as database maintenacne, if you'd like more feedback.

Cheers!

Rick Ayres

Lakes Print

Spirit Lake, IA 

Nickel Elite Contributor

Are you familiar with the ACT! diag tool and tthe Reindex database function?

If so could you execute a DB reindex?  Please remember to backup your database before attempting any dataabse maintenance functionality.

Tuned Listener

I check for errors and reindexed. Still have the same issue and alerts/errors with the FB tool. 

Cheers!

Rick Ayres

Lakes Print

Spirit Lake, IA 

Tuned Listener

Allen - Any more ideas on the FacebookFriendProfileID field error and not being able to add contacts?

Thanks!

Rick Ayres 

Nickel Super Contributor

I'm still getting the error after trying this suggestion.
Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT
Nickel Elite Contributor