Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dropbox Custom Component

Employee

Dropbox Custom Component

This is a new "Custom Control" for ACT! (Windows) that adds dropbox integration to your layout window.

I know there is currently another "Plugin" out their that works as a Tab that was posted by Allen Duet (He's Back BTW!!! :-), but this is different in that it can be added to your list of custom controls when designing layout.  It's very simple, you just drop the window on the layout similar to a field and resize it to desired size and tell it what local path you use to replicate dropbox (It's just a special windows folder).  I have provided the code so you may have to update reference paths - but other than that you should build fine.  The code is quite simple actually, so go ahead and enhance!  My first change would be to add some navigation controls so you could move between folders (Although that takes away from dropbox arguably).  Also, Try to make it support web!  Heck, give mobile a shot if you like for that matter.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Brian

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Dropbox Custom Component

It works for me!

Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm doing a presentation at perfecting ACT! on dropbox. I have two tools that I'm going to show off.  I think we need a few things to change/ evolve in the ACT! world to make dropbox really sing. Maybe we can get these tweaks in 16 sp1.

Jeremy Wesley
MCSE+I, MCDBA, MCSD, ACC, APT, A++
www.act.expert
Have you seen eXact Contacts? iPhone & iPad App that syncs directly with your Act! Database.
Copper Super Contributor

Worked well for me too...but definitely need navigation as once you open a folder you cannot go back up a level it seems. Unless I'm missing something...?

Kind regards,

Matthew Wild
Act! Certified Consultant

Act Today Pty Ltd | 0755 712 344 | 0434048190 | matthew@acttoday.com.au | www.acttoday.com.au
Gold Coast
Copper Super Contributor

Does any one know if this will work with 2013 Act

Jason Dawson Financial Planning
Brisbane | Australia - JDFP Home Page

Act Ver - Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3
OS - Windows 7 (stand alone machine)
MS Office - Enterprise 2007
Phone - Samsung Galaxy s6
Copper Super Contributor

That would be no as it has come up with error message

It built ok without error, but when i degbuged it

Failed to create UserControl 'DropBoxAddin.DropBoxViewer'

The error message was 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object'

And the Debug output was

'UserControlTestContainer.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_64\mscorlib\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\mscorlib.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'UserControlTestContainer.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\UserControlTestContainer.exe'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'UserControlTestContainer.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: UserControlTestContainer.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'UserControlTestContainer.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: UserControlTestContainer.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'UserControlTestContainer.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: UserControlTestContainer.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'UserControlTestContainer.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: UserControlTestContainer.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'UserControlTestContainer.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: UserControlTestContainer.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'UserControlTestContainer.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: UserControlTestContainer.exe): Loaded 'D:\Users\Jason\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\DropBoxAddin\DropBoxAddin\obj\Release\DropBoxAddin.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'UserControlTestContainer.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: UserControlTestContainer.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Act.UI\v4.0_15.1.108.0__ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa\Act.UI.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'UserControlTestContainer.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: UserControlTestContainer.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Design\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Design.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'UserControlTestContainer.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: UserControlTestContainer.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'UserControlTestContainer.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: UserControlTestContainer.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Act.Shared.ComponentModel\v4.0_15.1.108.0__ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa\Act.Shared.ComponentModel.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
A first chance exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred in DropBoxAddin.dll

Copper Super Contributor

Anyone??????

Copper Super Contributor

????

Bronze Super Contributor

I did NOT work for me either.

The reference to the controls ContextMenu is null throwing an error on init.

Make these changes and recompiler. 

public DropBoxViewer() :base()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
            webBrowser1.ContextMenu = new ContextMenu();
            // ContextMenu.MenuItems.Add(new MenuItem("Go up directory"));
            webBrowser1.ContextMenu.MenuItems.Add(new MenuItem("Go up directory"));
            webBrowser1.IsWebBrowserContextMenuEnabled = true;
            //ContextMenu.MenuItems[0].Click += new EventHandler(DropBoxViewer_Click);
            webBrowser1.ContextMenu.MenuItems[0].Click += new EventHandler(DropBoxViewer_Click);
        }

-- JIm Durkin

Copper Super Contributor

Sweet thanks for the reply Jim it works a treat now

BTW do you know if its possible to reference fields in the directory path like first name and lastname?