Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Data Chart control for ACT! Dashboard - 10.0.2 and above

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Data Chart control for ACT! Dashboard - 10.0.2 and above

Hi All,

At the recent Insights partner event in Washington DC, I showed a new custom control I wrote which allows you to chart (or list) a variety of data (such as Sync Status, Contact information, History data etc) in the Dashboard.

This requires 10.0.2 and is pretty flexible.  It includes some templates, but is also fully customizable allowing you to write your own SQL.  If you are charting (not just displaying as a list), then any 2 columns can easily be charted.  If you have more than 2 columns, the control assumes that that first contains the value and then the second grouping, then another grouping etc...(Check out the history template to see how it is organized).

I have included the actual control (please read the PDF in the ZIP file and also attached for installation instructions and how to use the control)

I have also includes some sample dashboard files (Just drop these in your dashboards folder in your database folder)

Key Features:

• Template based configuration. Simply choose a template from the drop down
  • Flexible Chart Display Types
  • Display as Chart or List
  • Auto-Data configuration – Charting more than 2 values automatically creates a cross tab of the data with no additional configuration
  • Auto Filtering Detection – Detects “parameters’” added by the Administrator to the dashboard component (in the SQL statement) and allows user filtering on parameters

My challenge: If you like it, and you customize the SQL templates, please share your customizations with the community.

Cheers

Pierre

Bronze Contributor

Re: Data Chart control for ACT! Dashboard - 10.0.2 and above

Awesome.  Thanks Pierre - and right on time as you promised.  Can't wait to try them out and contribute some of our own.

Smiley Happy

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

Nickel Contributor m4y
Nickel Contributor

Hello Pierre,

I'm testing you data chart (and they are very useful) but I'm encountering some bugs. Actually, it's due to the regional version of ACT (US, Canada, Europe,...)... On some custom charts, you're calling the "CONTACT State" field. But in my European database, it "CONTACT County"... So no data were displayed until I replaced State by County. Good to know Smiley Wink

This bug appears in all the 4 first dahboard.

In the 5th, I had another bug. I don't know about US database, in mine there is an error in the name of the SYNCDBMAPINFO LAST_ATTEMPDATE view (notice that there is no T just before DATE). So there is also an error on this chart because you're calling the SYNCDBMAPINFO LAST_ATTEMPTDATE with a T obviously Smiley Wink

One more question. Is it possible to add comportment like ohter dashboard to create a lookup by clicking on a chart? For example, in the demo1, you list all countries where we have contact in our database. It would be very useful to be able to click on a country to create a direct lookup of all contacts located in this country.

Or to double-click on a contact "recently updated" to open it in the contact view...

Xavier Nyssen

ACT! Certified Consultant @ Intuitis | Belgium
{ +32 64 45 08 00 | xavier@intuitis.be | http://intuitis.be }
Employee

Hi Xavier,

You're right - some of the templates have regional specific SQL.  Much like ACT! layouts, reports, etc.. we would need to provide regional specific templates.  Sounds like you were able to get around it Smiley Happy

I'll check out the 5th template for the bug.

Regarding creating lookups from 'drill down' clicking, that is something that is possible to do, though not currently implemented.  I'll look into this and see if I can't get one working, I'm sure other folks would be interested in this as well!

--Xavier

Nickel Contributor m4y
Nickel Contributor

Hello Xavier,

Thx, it would be really great if you could implement this comportment. I have some some other useful examples that could use that. We could create a list of customers we didn't call or meet since xx days based on last reach and last meeting field. It is not possible currently with the advanced query. If we could create this list in the dashboard, and simply create a lookup from it, it would be really powerful I think.

Xavier Nyssen

ACT! Certified Consultant @ Intuitis | Belgium
{ +32 64 45 08 00 | xavier@intuitis.be | http://intuitis.be }