Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Custom Sub Entity Visual Studio Template

Tuned Listener

Re: Custom Sub Entity Visual Studio Template

[ Edited ]

Thanks, Matthew. I have figured it out.

Another question:

when cleaning duplicate contacts, how can I combine the data in customsubentities (e.g policy) like the entities of history and notes?

Tuned Listener

Hi Matt,

Could you give me some ideas about customising tab?

My demands are:

1. already have a custom sub entity associated with the contact e.g policy

2. the tab interface (rather than the Datagrill view) is designed by myself to fully manipulate the policy

3. the interface has a number of components e.g text, label, submit botton

4. the interface is only available for specific user.

thanks,

Employee

For the first, you should be able to just add your code to the template, but since you aren't using a datagridview then you may just want to add your own tab. There is an AddTabtoCurrentLayout method that accepts a tabpage, so you could design your own and add whatever controls you need.

The last might be more difficult, I don't believe you can hide tabs from a particular user group, but you could check and see what role the curret user is and disable or hide the controls as needed.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Tuned Listener

thanks, Matt. Let me try it.

another two questions:

1. once we setup customsubentity (e.g policy) for contact, can we merge/combine the policy when  doing "copy/move contact data"? you know history and notes can be merge when cleaning duplicate contacts.

2. without an ACT installation on a machine, is it possible for me to develop a standalone service program which executes some routine data synchoronization function? if possible, what assemblies should i copy to the standalone machine? i tried, but it seems a lot of assemblies required besides:

Act.Framework.dll

Act.Framework.ComponenModel.Core.dll

Act.Framework.ComponenModel.dll

Act.Shared.ComponenModel.dll

Act.Shared.Collections.dll

Act.Shared.Diagnostics.dll

Act.UI.Core.dll

Act.UI.dll

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Hello, hope this thread isn't completely dead.

I'm trying to get the template to work, but I'm running into the same "unreachable code detected" errors as a previous poster as well as "The type or namespace name 'LayoutFileInfo' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)". Which reference would fix this? I can't find any mention of this in the forums or elsewhere.