Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Create Note Web Service and Sidebar Gadget

Employee

Create Note Web Service and Sidebar Gadget

[ Edited ]
The Create Note Web Service is an example of exposing ACT! functionality via a web service, and consuming that web service in a variety of ways.  The web service allows login, enumeration and searching of contacts, and creation of notes.  This functionality is accessed using one of three methods:

• the web service also hosts a web site allowing access to the functionality
  • a win-forms application which uses the web service to implement the functionality
  • a Vista sidebar gadget which uses javascript to implement the functionality.

Message Edited by Eric on 02-22-2008 09:27 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Create Note Web Service and Sidebar Gadget

I don't suppose you have a screenshot of this you could post so I could show this to a customer??

thanks
-MM
World Famous ACT! Certified Consultant @ www.ActiveSales.net
Employee

[ Edited ]
Sure,
These are the screen shots I used to create the pdf enclosed in the sample.

Thanks,
Eric

Message Edited by Eric on 02-25-2008 01:15 PM
Copper Super Contributor

With the side bar note creator... any idea if this can be used in a stand alone install of act.... it would be call to be able to use it like a note pad or yellow sticky notes with out having to open and search the whole database.

Jason Dawson Financial Planning
Brisbane | Australia - JDFP Home Page

Act Ver - Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3
OS - Windows 7 (stand alone machine)
MS Office - Enterprise 2007
Phone - Samsung Galaxy s6
Nickel Elite Contributor

By stand alone install - I presume you mean a single machine has ACT!, the ACT! database and any supporting components and the user logs directly into this machine to access the ACT! client...

This solution requires that the hosting machine run IIS (to host the web service).  If you are able to install IIS then there is no technical limitation preventing the solution from running on one machine (in fact that's how I run this solution here to test it).  That being said, adding IIS to a client machine and running a web service on that machine MAY have the effect of slowing down an overworked (or under powered) computer. 

In summary the answer to your question:

Technically - Yes it can be done

In the field : Maybe, If the machine already has IIS installed and running then you'll likely be OK, otherwise test it out before committing.