Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact Web Context Browser

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Contact Web Context Browser - Company Web Context Browser

I've made an attempt at refactoring the source to make a Company context browser control.  Please test and provide me any feedback.

This works the same way as the Contact browser control - extract to Tools and add as a custom control before placing on layout.

Regards,

Allen Duet

Tuned Listener

and what should it do exactly?
Nickel Elite Contributor

This control does the same thing the Web Contact Context browser control does except it is available for display on the company layout and gives access to any property of the company entity.

Some sample uses (outside of the built in drop down examples): Perhaps you would like to see the stock trading price for a company.  This control can be targeted at http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s={Company.Ticker}

Regards,

Allen

Nickel Elite Contributor

Apologies the sample in the previous post to check stock symbols is incorrect the correct URl target is:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s={Company.Ticker Symbol}

Allen

Re: Contact Web Context Browser - ACT 2005

hi guys

As this is my first post..excuse my ignorance ...

I have ACT!2008 and followed the steps as per Pierre's PDF

I right click on the tool box area, which by default has only has 2 headings, Drawing and Field...and the word "customize" appears..then I click on "customize" and the "customize toolbox" box appears ...but empty...I checked that I have Pierre's files are in the correct area ie "tools" which they are....

What am I doing wrong

Thank you in advance...great forum

JP

Nickel Elite Contributor

You're just a right mouse button away....

RMB and select Customize then when the Customize Toolbox window pops up check the ....WebContextBrowser selection to make it available as a control in layout designer.

Regards,

Allen

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Have you tried installed one of the other samples that  include a custom control? For example, the Middle Pane sample or the OleDBGrid sample?

If the system does not show the WebContextWebBrowser control, it is usually because it is not detecting itTo detect it, it just scans that directory and looks for DLLs with classes that are marked as ACT Controls..Pretty simple, so nothing should come in the way there (obviously something is)

by installing another control, we start to work out where the problem potentially is.

Another thing to check is that you have the write access to that folder (as ACT! Puts a tools.xml in ether that determines what you have added the tools area)

Pierre

Pierre wrote:

Hi,

Have you tried installed one of the other samples that  include a custom control? For example, the Middle Pane sample or the OleDBGrid sample?

If the system does not show the WebContextWebBrowser control, it is usually because it is not detecting itTo detect it, it just scans that directory and looks for DLLs with classes that are marked as ACT Controls..Pretty simple, so nothing should come in the way there (obviously something is)

by installing another control, we start to work out where the problem potentially is.

Another thing to check is that you have the write access to that folder (as ACT! Puts a tools.xml in ether that determines what you have added the tools area)

Pierre

Thanks for the reply...

Yeap...its not detecting it...

Not sure what you mean.."marked as Act controls"

I tried installing the middle pane sample...no go on any of the machines

I do have write accces as I'm the administrator. but there is no tool.xml in the tools folder

What am I doing wrong...

I have Act!8 standard with 4 users...databased lives on the server.

Jean Paul

Platinum Elite Contributor

RooBrothers wrote:

Jean Paul

In the thread, you have the subject as ACT! 2005 (which was 7.0), in your previous post, you said ACT! 2008 (which is 10.0)... now you say ACT! 8

It might help if you can confirm the exact version and build by going Help | About and post the full details.

GLComputing wrote:

RooBrothers wrote:

Jean Paul

In the thread, you have the subject as ACT! 2005 (which was 7.0), in your previous post, you said ACT! 2008 (which is 10.0)... now you say ACT! 8

It might help if you can confirm the exact version and build by going Help | About and post the full details.

As I stated in my first post...excuse my ignorance...

This is our current version 

ACT! Standard 8.0 Version 8.0.2.81

Hope this is of help