Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact Web Context Browser

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Contact Web Context Browser

[ Edited ]

Latest source to this control.  This includes the changes to ContactFieldUtils to populate the Record Creator et al field values...

Were there other fields that were not returning values?  Did I see a request for ContactID to return or was that already taken care of?

Note: this uses IMutableEntity so it's ACT! 2010 and above (though I still have most of the older code still in their commented out)

Have fun.

Message Edited by alduet on 06-18-2010 03:49 PM
Copper Contributor

Is there a way to use the Web Contaxt Browser to access Fedex tracking from a Group field? Client uses Groups as events and has Fedex Tracking Number fields on the group level. They would like to be able to automate the search through Fedex via ACT!. So far all references I can find refer to Contact level info.

David Ayers

ACC-Austin TX

David C. Ayers
Ayers Technology Corp.
dayers@ayerstechnology.com
512-251-7313 office
www.ayerstechnology.com
Nickel Elite Contributor

I think you're looking for the Group web context browser control posted here:

http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT-Developer-Downloads/Long-awaited-Group-context-browser-control-...

Copper Contributor

Thank you. That was exactly what I was looking for. And here is the url to use if you want to auto track your Fedex package:

http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?cntry_code=us&tracknumber_list=

{Group.Fedex Tracking Number}&language=english

David C. Ayers
Ayers Technology Corp.
512-251-7313 office
www.ayerstechnology.com
Copper Contributor

Well, I knew that went too easily. Is there a version for 2010?

David C. Ayers
Ayers Technology Corp.
512-251-7313 office
www.ayerstechnology.com
Copper Contributor

In the case of using it for checking Fedex tracking numbers, if you make the ACT!  field a memo field, you can insert multiple tracking numbers, separated by commas, no spaces (up to 30 according to the Fedex website) and check them all at once. The webpage will show a tracker for each one.

David C. Ayers
Ayers Technology Corp.
512-251-7313 office
www.ayerstechnology.com
Copper Super Contributor

Has anyone experienced any issues with serving up either aspx pages or pages from sharepoint in this control? We use Act 2009 (currently) and this has been a brilliant plugin, and works for all websites except one of our internal sharepoint pages The page is structured like so: http://our-url-here/perspective/sitepages/activityschool.aspx?urn=131669 The URL works fine on our computers in a normal browser, so I am baffled why it's not working within this control Only thing I can think of is whether it assumes or adds a www prefix as our internal URL doesn't have a www in the address? Any ideas? Thanks Andy
Andy Kent
Angel Solutions (UK and NZ)
www.angelsolutions.co.uk
Nickel Elite Contributor

My only thoughts is that Sharepoint is sensitive to the web browser versions it renders in. The control doesn't add any www or other automated appending to sends. You should be able to right click the control in ACT! And see the URL the control tried to access if you still think that might be the problem. What version of Sharepoint are you using? I can see if there is a specific version of the .net web browser control needed for a specific version of Sharepoint.
Copper Super Contributor

Allen Thanks, as always, for posting so quickly on this one! Sharepoint 2010 The properties when I right mouse click show: res://ieframe.dll/navcancl.htm#http://correctURLinhere/perspective/sitepages/activityschool.aspx?urn=131669 Thanks again Andy
Andy Kent
www.angelsolutions.co.uk
Copper Super Contributor

forgot to say - it says unknown protocol in the pop up box too!
Andy Kent
www.angelsolutions.co.uk