Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact Ole DB Grid - Show External SQL Data in ACT!

Copper Contributor

Contact Ole DB Grid - Show External SQL Data in ACT!

[ Edited ]

The "Contact Ole DB Grid" is a custom control that you can use in ACT! to view structured data, often available on external database systems and applications, which may pertain to your current contact. For example, imagine that you had some extra information about your contacts in a structured SQL database such as information regarding invoices, orders, products bought etc that was stored in an ERP system. With the Contact Ole DB grid, it is very simple to display this information in context, in a TAB against your contact record.

Note, that the ZIP file includes SQL examples that work with the Northwind database to "get you started". Also note the known issues specified in the PDF

Let me know what you think...

Pierre

Message Edited by neil_beam on 02-14-2008 11:11 AM
Avid Listener

Re: Contact Ole DB Grid - Show External SQL Data in ACT!

Hi, can u tell me ,how can connect to grid field with contact field.I have put the dll in tool directory then go to the design layout then it will show in custom.how can make the database for that.if u give me the coding of dll then it is very help full for me.because i am not understand the word file. Thanks............
Avid Listener

Hi, Actually i want to use some other field in tab (Invoice)just like InvoiceNo.,Invoice Amount,Invoice Date and product but in your dll you are using many filds in tab,So i want only four filds.I think if u will give me the source code of dll then i will chang the name of the field.I want the urgent basis. Thanks..............
Copper Contributor

Hi,

There is an SQL property of the control.  You can chneg the SQL propoerty to return whaterver fields you wish.
The key here is that the code will look for any fiednames in the format of {Contact.field name} and replace them with the value before it fires the SQL.

Pierre
Copper Elite Contributor

Heh, I sure wish I had this sample 4 months ago when I wrote a realtime AS/400 -> Act! tab, nice job on it.
Nick Bohne
Effective Solutions, Inc.

I am trying to view data from a VFP table within ACT! using this control.

If I use a SQL statement without a WHERE clause I can see all the selected fields in the grid, on every contact record - as I would expect.

When I use a WHERE clause no data is shown, nor the column headers which I would expect to see if the problem was no data for that record. The field name seem correct.

I could give you more info, but first does this indicate a particular problem.

TIA

Andrew McGurk

Hi Pierre, I am interested in the source code also as I am trying to connect to a Firebird database in a similar manner. Will you please post the code?
Astute Commentator

Very nice addition!

Is there any way that this will work in the web viewer? (I haven't tested it on a web viewer yet, but I am under the impression that sample tools won't suffice).

Thanks!

Mike

Nickel Super Contributor

Hi Pierre,

I would love to get my hands on the source for this control as it'd be a good example of working with a grid as well as an ACT! custom control.  Any chance you'll post it?  (or email me?)

Thanks,

Len

Len Kamerman
ACT! Certified Consultant

Act E-mail Marketing Trainining Course:

http://actsoftware.training