Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact Ole DB Grid - Custom Control

Contact Ole DB Grid - Custom Control

Hi,

Has anyone got this custom control working with ACT! Premium 2012?

I've downloaded the source and rebuilt it but cannot add the control onto a tab - I can see it in Custom controls but when I try and add it to the layout nothing happens.

I'm hoping that I can use this as a starting point for adding ways of viewing lots of contact related data held in other databases - but I seem to have fallen at the first hurdle.

Thanks

Mark

Re: Contact Ole DB Grid - Custom Control

OK, I've tried building some of the other samples of custom controls. I cant even get them to be recognised by ACT so they appear in the Customise Toolbox.

Does anyone have a Visual Studio 2010 project for a custom control that can be added to a contact layout in ACT Premium 2012 (Windows) that they would be willing to share?

Mark

Nickel Elite Contributor

All of the controls I use (most of them from here on the forum) work on my Sage ACT! 2012 implementation. 

If you're having issues getting them to render at all at design time you probably have some other systemic issue - do you have any custom controls or plugins that are rendering?

Hi Allen,

Yes if I just download one of the DLLs from here and put that in the Tools folder it will work fine.

It is only when I try o build it from the source code that I have a problem.

Do you have VS2010 that you could try to build one in?

Mark

Nickel Elite Contributor

Ok that helps.

When you build your projects you need to make sure you target the .Net 3.5 Framework, I believe the newer versions of Visual Studio auto target .Net 4.0 which Sage ACT! 2012 cannot host.

Allen

Eureka! I thought it would be something simple like that.

Thanks Allen.

Mark