Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage ACT Connect won't work

Sage ACT Connect won't work

The other day, I was notified that the new Sage ACT 2013 was available and that, by the use of ACT Connect, I could sync my contacts with my Apple 4S Mobile.  I purchased the download and installed it on Saturday.  When I looked at the ACT Connect, it offered a free 30 trial and I decided to take advantage of the offer to be sure that it worked and I like it.

I got it all installed, but when I try to sync, it won't recognize my mobile device.  Because I wasn't at home and had lousy WiFi, I quit until this morning, but I got the same results.  I tried to contact Support, but wasn't able to find support for ACT Connect.  I set it aside until I had more time.

Imagine my surprise when I got a call from one of your people out of the blue wanting to know if I had any questions.  When I tried to explain to him what my problem was, he told me that there was no product support for ACT Connect and that the only way for me to get support was to pay the $69.95.  He said that that was the only way to get it to work.

I was astounded that to get it to work for my FREE trial period was to pay the fee.

I've used Act since the mid 90's and updated on a regular basis and I thought that SAGE was an upstanding business with a good product.  I now think that it's more like buying a used car from a sharpster.

Is this really the way it is?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sage ACT Connect won't work

Hello Steve,
Hopefully I can clarify your questions regarding Sage ACT! Connect:

- There is no phone support for the Sage ACT! Connect trial. However, you can post any questions or issues you have on this board.

- The Sage ACT! Connect device sync app will not work for Apple devices as we do not have an Apple app for that. For iPhones and iPads, you can use the HTML5 mobile web client for Sage ACT! Connect. This does not sync, but rather gives you web access to the data that has been synced to the Sage ACT! Connect portal through your device browser. More information is in this Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2797...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Sage ACT Connect won't work

I have had a similar experience.  I bought Sage Act Connect and the entire time I've had it I have never got it to work as it's supposed to. I was on the phone for hours trying to get it to sync all of my contacts instead of 90% of them. After the recent stop in service, I haven't been able to sync anything. It's useless to me and the problem is that I don't want to spend more than a year's subscription on support. That doesn't make sense? I can't believe Sage gets away with this.