Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage ACT Connect - Portal created "Events" not syncing to Sage ACT on Laptop

Copper Contributor

Re: Sage ACT Connect - Portal created "Events" not syncing to Sage ACT on Laptop

I have tried this process utilizing tech support and it did not fix the issue. I was advised that this is a known proplem currently and the only way to make it work currently is to do a recovery after every sync untill there is a fix. I was told to just use Google to sync for now. I love the concept of Connect if it would work. Does this sound familiar.

Re: Sage ACT Connect - Portal created "Events" not syncing to Sage ACT on Laptop

Hi Daren,

Thanks for the update.  I have not worked with the tech support because my Connect Software was purchased about 10 months ago and I guess is past the support window.  I don't feel it makes sense to pay for the support fee when my Connect software will be up to renew in a couple of months.  However, based on the bug and the limited abilities of the software, I will have to question whether I want to renew.

It seems strange that this is such a basic function (to create an event at the portal and have it sync back to ACT on the computer) that ACT would not be able to fix it immediately and go out to all of us with a patch???

By the way, all of this began to happen when I too purchased a new computer around the end of last year (2012) and moved my ACT database and ACT Connect to the new computer?  Not sure that has anything to do with it???

Copper Contributor

I had the same problem on my other computer and they said to purchase another one and try it. The company I work for purchased another laptop and it is doing the same thing. Tech support said they are still working on an update. I like you do not understand why this can't be taken care of with the knowledge and years of service they have on there team. 

I think it is interesting that they can sell a product (especially on an annual fee) and a very important functionality does not work???

Copper Contributor

I agree totally. I just hope they can fix the issue. I could really use this function. I have been using google sync for about 2 months and it has been working pretty good.