Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mobile Site Notes/History

Tuned Listener

Re: Mobile Site Notes/History

Dan,

Thanks for the feedback. Can you provide the me exact steps that you are performing with the Playbook? I would like to see if we can test this on our end with a Playbook if possible.

Larry Yates

ACT! Customer Support

Larry Yates

Hi Larry,

I am using the steps that Zachery told me to in his previous post:

The steps I am using are as follow:

1. Select the Contact

2. In the top right corner click the pencil icon.

3. Click in Device Notes and type what I want.

4. Click the Save Icon in the top right.

I have used exactly the same method on the Blackberry Torch with success.

Regards,

Dan

Tuned Listener

[ Edited ]

Then it sounds like it is the browser for the Playbook. Thanks for the steps and I will see if it can be tested on our end with a Playbook.

Larry Yates
Platinum Elite Contributor

Dan,
On your Playbook, you can go to www.html5test.com to test your browser's HTML5 compatibility.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi Greig,

The score is 273 with 9 bonus points which interestingly score higher than Android devices. To be honest I am not really sure what I am looking for in relation to this 'Save device note issue' within the results but interestingly the Playbook will get an OS update this month which according to the Beta testing will give it an HTML 5 result of 329 with 9 bonus points.

Dan

@bbalsley wrote:

With Sage ACT! Connect you can add or edit a device note which, will sync back to ACT!, or you can view existing notes and histories on the contact. To edit the device note, select the contact and then select the Pencil (edit) from the Contact record. The device note can be found at the bottom of the contact fields while you're in edit mode. After you've entered the note it can be viewed from the Device Note section on the contact. 

Brandon, I don't think is suitable for what we would want to achieve, see the thread here http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT-Connect-Beta-iPhone/Device-Note/m-p/179233#M163

To have some form of ability to add a note, which is date stamped, to then function the same as adding a new note on the desktop ACT! would be a good feature. It would then allow you to update ACT! on a regular basis from any browser and any machine that supports HTML5.

I shall add this to the 'Share your ideas' thread.

Dan

Tuned Listener

Dan,

If Understand one of your posts correctly does your device not have HTML5 on it until the OS update? Once the update is applied let usknow how it works then.

Larry Yates

Larry,

The playbook does support HTML 5 but the scoring will be improved once the new OS update is out later this month. I shall let you know if the device note issue is resolved once the OS update has been applied.

Dan

Tuned Listener

Thanks Dan my colleagues and I will be looking for the update.

Larry Yates

Hi Larry,

I have now installed OS 2 on my Blackberry Playbook and I can confirm that the Device Note section now saves after you have added a note.

The score for this new OS at www.html5test.com is 354 and 9 bonus points.

Hope that helps,

Dan