Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Installation

Copper Contributor

Installation

I have followed the install directions provided in the 1/31 email, and after several attempts. I cannot seen to get act connect to install properly. I have a previous trial which has expired and I think it is preventing me from registering again. Is there any way I can get my account reset to try and attempt using this new beta version?

Thank you

Tuned Listener

Re: Installation

Hello and thanks for participating in the Beta. What type of operating system are you trying to install on? Are you getting any sort of error message during the install? If so what is the error message? What directions have you followed and if it was a Knowledgebase article what is the number? The more information you can give will allow for a faster resolution of the issue you are having.

Larry Yates
Copper Contributor

Larry I appreciate your prompt response. First off I run windows XP through parallels on my mac book. My ACT 2012 so far has run very smoothly. I think part of the problem is I have tried to install so many times that I have created two or three accounts on the sage connect portal that I may have forgotten which user name and which password go together. I have them noted but in frustration may have them mixed up. The install went as far installing but the window where all the options to synchronize does not load?

Anything you can do to help is greatly appreciated, I'm currently doing double entry between my act (preferred manager) and ical on iphone and ipad since those are devices with me all the time. It would be great to have everything synced together.

Thank you

Tuned Listener

I am sorry you are having issues. If I understand you correctly you have attempted to install the program several times on the machine. If that is the case I think the best option at this point is to get it off the computer fully and start over. The link below will help with that process. I would also remove it from the devices as well so we can get a fresh start.

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26702/kw/26702/session/L3RpbWUvMTMzMDAwNTcz...

If you can't remember the user name and password for the portal click on the forgot user name and password to have it emailed to you. We will get this worked out with you. Thanks for the feed back and my colleagues and I will be looking for the updates to the posts.

Larry Yates
Copper Contributor

Well, I have been searching for these files and realize that I cannot find them? So perhaps the program never installed? I will try install again and report back on process.

Copper Contributor

What I think the issue is that I currently have an account that is using an expired activation code. I remember when this program was announced I had tried the free 30 day version which is still accessabile but will not function due to the expired code. Then when I tried to re-apply for the new beta version it wont allow me as that user name / email / password are already used. This may be causing the problem.

Tuned Listener

That could be. Did you get a new activation code?

Larry Yates
Copper Contributor

I did, when I tried re-installing the beta version from 1/31. However when I tried using it in the older version installed it tells that the code has already been used. I'm sorry I have a real mess going on here. When I installed the version initially it never worked properly either, it never synchronized with my devices and in frustration gave up, so then the 30 day trial expired. So when I received the beta invite on 1/31 I was all excited that the kinks might have been worked out, but experiencing similar issues still. Can I give you my log on info and perhaps you might be able to take a look and see what's going on?

Tuned Listener

You never want to give out you log information to anything at all. Lets do one thing at a time. Have you followed that link that I sent over earlier? Or did you stop because you did not see some of the files? If you did please start over and follow the link to the end. If you do not see the files go to the next one and continue on. Then we can do the next step.

Larry Yates
Copper Contributor

Larry I could not find any of those files?