Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact OleDB Grid Sample posted in Downloads

Copper Contributor

Contact OleDB Grid Sample posted in Downloads

Published 18 June 07 01:24 AM

I just posted a new sample (Attached)

The "Contact OleDB Grid" is a custom control that you can use in ACT! to view structured data, often available on external database systems and applications, which may pertain to your current contact. For example, imagine that you had some extra information about your contacts in a structured SQL database such as information regarding invoices, orders, products bought etc that was stored in an ERP system. With the Contact OleDB grid, it is very simple to display this information in context, in a TAB against your contact record.

Note, that the ZIP file includes SQL examples that work with the Northwind database to "get you started". Also note the known issues specified in the PDF.

I have asked before whether people "out there" are interested in receiving the Source code for these samples...It takes effort and time to clean up the comments and make sure that there are enough of them before we post source, but we are willing to do so...if there is demand for it out there.

So far, we have not received much requests for the source, so if you are sitting quietly "on the side line" waiting for source to be available, it will probably not happen unless you speak up and ask :-)

Cheers

Pierrev

Copper Contributor

Re: Contact OleDB Grid Sample posted in Downloads

mfortier said on July 1, 2007 09:54 AM:

I WOULD like to get the source code for this example. I really don't even care if the comments are cleaned up. It would just be interesting to see how you've accomplished this. Thanks.

Mike Fortier

Fortier Consulting

mike@fortierconsulting.com
Copper Contributor

Pierre said on July 3, 2007 08:54 AM:

Mike,

Thansks for the feeback...I will gather the source code together and post it so you can have a look at how things were achieved. Expect this in the next few days. And of course, I will blog about it when it is done, so if you subscribe to the RSS feeds, you will get notification.
Copper Contributor

mfortier said on September 18, 2007 05:48 PM:

I don't see the source code for this sample anywhere yet, am I missing it if it is posted?

I'd be interested in the source code as well (warts and all).

Hi Pierre, I am interested in the source code also as I am trying to connect to a Firebird database in a similar manner. Will you please post the code?