Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

2009 – Another New Year for ACT!

Copper Super Contributor

2009 – Another New Year for ACT!

Wow, I can’t believe how quickly 2008 flew by.  We on the ACT! team lost a couple of great players in December due to staff reduction, most notably our Senior Director of Development, Frank Federici.  As many of you know, he had been with Sage (Saleslogix, Interact Commerce, best) for about eleven years.  He took the reins of the ACT! Development group back in the summer of 2001 (if memory still serves me correctly) and oversaw one of the tougher periods in ACT!’s history with the product re-write. 

With the start of the new year, I feel really compelled to remind everyone of the team and leadership we have in-place to move us forward this year, and beyond.  Most of you all know Keith Saccuci, Xavier Musy, Brian Mowka, Matt McFadden, and many of you know Jason Risch who also taught the ACC certification tests back before ACT! 2005.  Beyond this, there are many other great established and new players in R&D, which includes both Development and QA, which most of you have not yet had an opportunity to meet but perhaps will at upcoming Insights or Summit conferences.  Beyond R&D, I’ll personally share with you the commitment felt from Joe Bergera (GM) , Beth Kohler (PM), Richard McMakin (Design) and others, to the ACT! product and what we’re doing.

After just over eight years with the company and with the ACT! product, I have a great deal of excitement and optimism for this year.   As you’ve all seen, nothing happens overnight, but it does happen.  There is a plan.  There are so many areas of opportunity both in new and un-finished features (to me a feature is never finished!) that it’s often tough to focus on one thing first.  One-year release cycles are tough, however, each year we’ve gotten better at planning and determining capacity.  We’ve worked really hard to get not only bug fixes addressed in our inline releases, but some minor new features/enhancements, as well.  You’ll see this in the upcoming 11.1 release.

Anyway, I’ll stop rambling and close by simply saying “thank you” for your partnership, feedback and support. 

Let’s have a great year!

Bill Blakey
ACT! Development Team
Sage Software

Astute Commentator

Re: 2009 – Another New Year for ACT!

when will the documents tab sort bydate?
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Re: 2009 – Another New Year for ACT!

I found a Defect in our system, #5094, that is pending in queue but not assigned to any project or target release.  There appears to be a sorting issue on any/all of the columns on the Documents tab...

Bill Blakey
ACT! Development Team
Sage Software