Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Writing Subject Lines that Evoke an Open by @dakachi #EmailMktg #Tips

by Employee on ‎06-05-2014 03:05 PM (6,311 Views)

Apart from the “from” address, the email subject line is the primary gatekeeper from getting your email opened or sent to the trash. Here are some tips to keep in mind.

Attend XYZ Corp webinar Series

Remind people who you are.  If they recognize your brand and are interested in what you offer, you are more likely to get an open.  Trust is an important element in your execution of email marketing.  If you send relevant and timely information, remind your recipients “this is me, the brand you trust”.

Keep it Relevant

I’ve mentioned this in previous posts, but just like your customer can sniff out a fishy subject line, so do spam filters. Ask yourself if your cutomers would be surprised by the words in the subject line coming from you.

Exclamation Points

Exclamation points are just plain pushy.  I don’t care how excited you are about your summer sale, if I don’t trash right away, some spam filters may be tuned to junk special characters.  Talk to me about benefits and value, don’t yell at me to open the email.

Write it first

There is plenty good reason to write your subject line last and simply be a rolled up summary of what is in the body of the email, but I’d like to suggest you write it first.  Before sending your email you should be asking yourself what is the expected results, open rate, click rate, sign up rate, conversion rate, ROI, etc.  If your subject line is the gatekeeper, spend time getting it right and don’t just lift the first few words out of the body of the email.

How do you approach writing subject lines that evoke an open?

Labels