If you’re like many Sage ACT! users, you have
appointments in Microsoft Outlook and in Sage ACT!. In the past, getting these
appointments to show up in one place was a bit tricky, but in Sage ACT! 2011
you can synchronize calendar and/or contact data between these two
After sync is configured, appointments, activities,
and tasks appear in both Sage ACT! and Microsoft Outlook calendars. Regardless
of where they are added or updated, you will be able to stay on top of all your
tasks in either application!
To Synchronize Calendar Data Between Sage
ACT! and Microsoft Outlook:
1. Open Sage ACT!
2. From the Tools menu, click Preferences.
a. Click the E-mail and Outlook Sync tab.
b. Click Outlook Synchronization Preferences.
3. In the Database grid, under “Select an ACT!
database to synchronize with Outlook” the name of your database is listed. To
select a different Sage ACT! Premium database to use as your Outlook
address book, click Change.
a. In the Change Sage ACT! Database field, type
the full path and Sage ACT! Premium database name. Or, click Browse to
locate and select the database.
b. In the User name field, type your user name
for the selected database.
c. In the Password field, type the password for
the user name.
d. Click OK.
4. On the Synchronize
Calendar tab, select the Enable Calendar
Synchronization with Outlook check box.
5. If the same activity has been updated in both Sage
ACT! Premium and Outlook, select which change should be saved.
- Select Keep the ACT! activity if you want to
save the changes made in Sage ACT! Premium when there is a conflict.
- Select Keep the Outlook activity if you want
to save the changes made in Outlook when there is a conflict.
6. If an activity is cleared in Sage ACT! Premium, select
what should happen to the activity in Outlook.
- Select Leave the activity on the Outlook calendar if you want the activity to remain on
your Outlook calendar.
- Select Delete the activity from the calendar if you also want the activity removed
from your Outlook calendar.
7. Click OK.
8. To synchronize activities or contacts between Sage
ACT! Premium and Outlook immediately, click Yes.
To Manually Synchronize your calendar activities
1. Do one of the following:
- From the Schedule menu, click Synchronize
Calendar with Outlook.
the Tools menu, point to Synchronize with Outlook. Click Synchronize
Calendar with Outlook.
Right-click the ACT!
Sync Service for synchronizing ACT! data with Outlook icon in your system
tray and click Synchronize Activities.