Community
New Idea

When are we going to see integration of ACT! with Gmail? After years of using Outlook, I've ditched it for Gmail and ACT! is the last application that's preventing me from removing Outlook completely.

It's 2010 and ACT! needs better webmail integration, particularly Gmail since it's the biggest one (?) out there.

How about it?

Fuzzy Lookups

by Silver Elite Contributor on ‎08-21-2009 06:01 AM

Wouldn't it be nice if you went to lookup "J Smith" and you were offered "J. Smith"? Or if you tried to lookup "Leicestershire" and you were offered misspelled records such as "Liecestershire". Or if you tried to lookup a phone number "01234 567 789" and it found " 012 345  67 789", even if it was in a different phone field to the one you selected. (And yes, I know about the lookup any phone field, and I can't understand why it's not the default, but that's another story).

Jeff

Universal Search in 2012 meets many of these requirements.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that during the installation process, if ACT! doesn't detect Outlook installed, it doesn't install one or several files that are necessary for e-mail integration?  And if the customer later installs Outlook and wants the integration, our only solution is to uninstall and re-install ACT?

Is there a valid technical reason for this?  If not, can you consider re-thinking that policy?

We are a Temporary Staffing Service. We use ACT to track resources currently on Payroll, Assignment with other employers and those Currently Available. We can invoice directly from ACT as well as complete a multitude of other administrative task.

We leverage the power of the Groups function to quickly narrow the employment category. From there, if a specific skill or set of skills are sought, we need to use the Advanced Look Up query. It works but takes a long time to build.

I would love if ACT could provide the search functions similar to those of Boolen Logic. Boolean Logic is nothing more than the language used to tell computers exactly what we are looking for. It is a series of commands and operators that combine keywords into meaningful phrases for our search engines. Let’s take a look at the basic commands AND, OR, AND NOT and NEAR and the three basic operators; quotes, parentheses, and wild

card.

It's very similar to the Advanced Look Up but is much more user friendly.

Anyone have any ideas?

This is available using our Universal Search engine.

THIS IS SOOOO NEEDED!!!!! If you have 100's of contacts and you have gathered either documents or they have sent you information in a file and you can't remember who it was but you remember the content of the document, how would you find this info? You should be able to do a boolean search on documents. Some companies you may have up to 30 contacts w/ attachments form them so it would so much more productive to be able to do a search w/ some key words and boom, there is your list and be able to read it on right hand side or something as you scroll through.

Hope others can use this feature!

You can now search the contents of attached files!
0 Kudos

I currently use a Blackberry Torch 9800 and a Blackberry Playbook.

It would be useful to be able to add notes which are date and time stamped just like on Sage ACT! Desktop.

I feel add Device Note option within the current Beta version is not sufficient as it is a continuous note and is only date/time stamped from which the first time you add the device note.

Check out Sage ACT! Premium Mobile for real time entry of notes from the mobile site. http://afwdemo.act.com/APFW/m from your device.
0 Kudos

ACT! Connect

by Abacon on ‎02-03-2012 07:29 AM

It would be very helpful if a rep on the road could quickly and easily enter notes on a client from the quick actions menu (as on the iPhone interface). As it stands entering notes is cumbersome. I am looking for a rep to be able to open his iPhone, access ACT Connect easily, one click on Quick Actions menu to enter notes, ability to tap save icon and move on to next client. That would be incredibly helpful.

Thanks,

Angela

Check out the mobility features in Sage ACT! Premium Mobile. From your mobile device http://afwdemo.act.com/APFW/m
0 Kudos

Key Word Search

by arun1986 on ‎10-24-2011 01:06 PM

I'm doing a key word search in Act 2011 with a value, and it does give me result for it. But issue is i have the value either put on activity or history or notes in my database. So when i right click on the key word serch result and go to record. its taking me to the contact,instead of that it will be very helpful if it takes directly to the history or activities which has the value on it. Because i have 1000 of activities or 1000 of histories, i cannot go to individual activity or history to find that one. which is lot of time consuming in this case. So it will really good if the software has the option to take me directly to that activity or history or notes so that it will be awesome.

Check out Universal Search in 2012!
0 Kudos

ACT to OUTlook sync FINALLY acceptable.

but NOW there's Mobile Connect which truncates DETAIL data between

ACT and the Portal.   This of course is passed on to the device and results in near USELESSNESS.

It seems to be about 35 lines in the portal window which is about 13 lines in the Windows product .

This is about 30 lines too FEW (from the Windows perspective.)

PLEASE UP THE LIMITS!!!!

current limit is TOO restrictive... Can we CONFIGURE this in XML setting?
If not, what WERE you thinking?

Sage ACT! Premium Mobile offers unlimited access to details.
0 Kudos

We would like to start scheduling activities through the calendar and associate them to opportunities.  This is possible today but that screen takes us 5+ minutes load and ACT support is telling us that its because we have too many opportunities (~78,000) and contacts (~91,000) in our database.  It would seem to make sense that this windows would only populate opportunities for the contact that the activity is scheduled for and not have to every opportunity in the DB.  This would greatly decrease the amount of time to load that window and also be easier to distinguish which opportunity to associate with.

Thanks,

Rich

Performance improvements in 2012.
0 Kudos

When the scratchpad it will be suported as a app in a blackberry?

All smartphone user it need something easy to use in the field. Schrachpad it can be the solution. isn't it?

Please let us know whe it will ready.

Sage ACT! Premium Mobile might be the right solution for you! Test it out on your device. Update a contact, add notes.... lots more. http://afwdemo.act.com/APFW/m

Featured Partner
Tech Benders

Roy Laudenslager joined TechBenders in 2005. Tech Benders literally wrote the books on Act! – also the lynda.com training videos. We specialize in improving your bottom line with effective CRM usage, custom Act! reports and Act! database repairs and conversions.

techbenders.com
Tel: 561.470.5450

Share your Ideas

We want to hear your cool ideas for improving Act! products and services. So add your own ideas or kudo (vote) on the ideas of others here!

I have an idea! How do I get started?

1. Read our submission guidelines.

2. Search for your idea. If you don't see it, submit a new one!

3. Provide feedback on the ideas of others by voting with kudos and adding comments.

4. Track your ideas and those you like. Once you've posted or kudoed and idea, subscribe to be notified via email of the latest updates to the idea. From within the idea, click "Idea Options" which appears above the idea title and choose, "Subscribe to this idea".

Be sure to check back from time to time to see new ideas and status updates!

Here is a quick list of the ideas for speedy browsing!