Automating activity entry

by csylvester on ‎03-10-2010 08:50 AM

For most of my Act! work, I enter an activity, usually a to-do, then clear it and add a follow-up.  There is so much repetition that macros would be a great help--we use Act! 2009, v. 11.  Also, a macro would help when entering a new contact 'cause the cursor always goes to the address field, and I typically like to start at Contact--small detail, but that's the way things are arranged & a macro correcting cursor placement would help (unless there's an easier way).  Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback, csylvester. This feature has been added to ACT! 2011.
Comments
by Master on ‎03-26-2010 11:23 PM

To Sage: BRING BACK MACROS PLEEEEAAAASE?!  That was such an useful feature of previous versions. 

To other users: Is there any Addons that automate tasks? Yes it should be a native feature as before, but I still need it working regardless of Sage's priorities.

by Bronze Elite Contributor on ‎04-26-2010 06:59 AM

With reference to cursor placement, you can set the tab order in the layout designer. (Tools > Design Layouts > Contact) then View > Tab Stops > Show Tab Stops.

Jeff

by kstalcup on ‎07-12-2010 03:24 PM
Status changed to: Available in ACT! 2011
Thanks for the feedback, csylvester. This feature has been added to ACT! 2011.

We want to hear your cool ideas for improving Act! products and services. So add your own ideas or kudo (vote) on the ideas of others here!

I have an idea! How do I get started?

One
Read our submission guidelines.

Two
Search for your idea. If you don't see it, submit a new one!

Three
Provide feedback on the ideas of others by voting with kudos and adding comments.
For more information about using ideas, read this thread.

Four
Track your ideas and those you like. Once you've posted or kudoed and idea, subscribe to be notified via email of the latest updates to the idea. From within the idea, click "Idea Options" which appears above the idea title and choose, "Subscribe to this idea".

Be sure to check back from time to time to see new ideas and status updates!

Here is a quick list of the recent ideas for speedy browsing!
Labels