Search instead for 
Do you mean 

AEM template with field CATEGORY-(ID/Status) for merge data blank

Accepted Solution Solved
JM
Nickel Contributor
Accepted Solution

AEM template with field CATEGORY-(ID/Status) for merge data blank

AEM (Act e-Marketing) template that has inserted CATEGORY field.  Also known as in Defined Fields -Display Name "ID/Status" the merge does not insert data for the sent campaign from Smart Task. I attached a screen shot of received email how it is blank but other fields show data.

JMtest_AEM template.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author JM
2 weeks ago
JM
Nickel Contributor

Re: AEM template with field CATEGORY-(ID/Status) for merge data blank

Here is an update I got last week when AEM Dept. called me back.

Confirmed not working is the Category field. They are going to remove it as a choice since it should not even be available.  I and many others have asked to be able to select from many other fields which they have as priority and working on.  The way ACT! and AEM interface by fields requires more work and if they allowed you to select from or type it in, the workings to merge would be REAL slow.  The goal is to limit the list of fields and allow a choice of a few Custom or System fields.

JM

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Thanks, can you boil this one down into a specific question? I think I know where you are going but do not want to assume.
JM
Nickel Contributor

Maybe this screen capture will help.

AEMScreenshot2.jpg

JM

Solution
Accepted by topic author JM
2 weeks ago
JM
Nickel Contributor

Here is an update I got last week when AEM Dept. called me back.

Confirmed not working is the Category field. They are going to remove it as a choice since it should not even be available.  I and many others have asked to be able to select from many other fields which they have as priority and working on.  The way ACT! and AEM interface by fields requires more work and if they allowed you to select from or type it in, the workings to merge would be REAL slow.  The goal is to limit the list of fields and allow a choice of a few Custom or System fields.

JM