Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Platinum Elite Contributor
GLComputing
Message 11 of 17 (568 Views)
Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
john_parmley
Message 12 of 17 (568 Views)

Re: Need your opinion: What's a good easy to use email maketing add-on for Act!

Actually I've been using Northwoods software with SwiftPage and it works great.  Take a little bit of work to get it working but works very well.

Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
davidb
Message 13 of 17 (566 Views)

Re: Need your opinion: What's a good easy to use email marketing add-on for Act!

How do you integrate these 2 and what problems are you solving by using 2 email marketing add-ons instead of using one. The intuitive conclusion is using 1 presents a shorter learning curve and fewer issues to resolve?

Please use plain text.
Bronze Elite Contributor
gleo
Message 14 of 17 (559 Views)

Re: Need your opinion: What's a good easy to use email maketing add-on for Act!

Why do you need it to run with Smart Tasks?

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
john_parmley
Message 15 of 17 (555 Views)

Re: Need your opinion: What's a good easy to use email marketing add-on for Act!

How to integrate it is in the documentation so I won't go into it here.  That being said, the problem you are solving by using two programs rather than one (SwiftPage) is the following:

Northwoods software is NOT an email marketing add-on.  It just so happens that it has the sophisticated capabilities of doing so but to me, it's a automated processing solutions that does quite a few things, email being one of them.  As a result, I have an automated system to schedule and send out customized emails with merge variables that personalize the email.  I can't do that with SmartTask as the native emailer doesn't have the capabilities of merging variables.  If I use SmartTask with SwiftPages it doesn't look personal because of the forced "footer" requirement.

Your right, one solution is better than two.  As a result, I upgraded to Act 2011 because of the SmartTask functionality and found it completely lacking for email campaigns because: a) When I used it with SmartTasks every single email merge forced me to click on an "OK" button (for each merged email) before sending out the email through SmartTasks, even when it was an auto-scheduled email.  Not very practical when you're sending out or scheduling 100's of emails to go out, b) using SmartTasks was the only way to get field merges variables in an email... which I'll then refer you back to the paragraph above.

That being said, if you can show me a way of 1) giving me an option to eliminate the "footer" from SwiftPages so that I can send out email campaigns to customers that I routinely do business with that don't look like bulk emails and/or 2) give me an option so I don't have to click on an "OK" button everytime a SwiftPage email goes out through SmartTasks I'm willing to consider and embrace it.

Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
davidb
Message 16 of 17 (547 Views)

Re: Need your opinion: What's a good easy to use email making add-on for Act!

I don't necessarily need to run Swiftage with Smart Tasks but I do need to integrate mail merged HTLM email templates to clients to automate activities. What are my options?

Thanks,

David

Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
davidb
Message 17 of 17 (545 Views)

Thanks for taking the time for a considered response.

I also do not have a solution to your query.

I heard that Northwoods had an Automation software (similar to but maybe more sophisticated than Smart Task) that may solve the problem?

David

Please use plain text.