Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Susan Adams
Message 1 of 10 (3,410 Views)

HELLLP! E-mail blast from Swiftpage disabled in ACT

[ Edited ]

I tried to send our Swiftpage newsletter out to our  ACT email list today.  I clicked on the "cloudmail" icon and got a fast-disappearing error message that said my email marketing function had been disabled, and to contact my "account manager."  That icon in ACT is now gone completely.  I spoke to Swiftpage support, who told me this was a known issue, and that there was a known fix, and transferred me to Sage/ACT tech support.  Sage/ACT tech support agreed that this was a known issue, but wanted me to pay $69. for the patch (probably) or utility (perhaps) that will address the problem.  I am using ACT 2010, and am unwilling to pay for tech support on a known issue with a product less than two years old.  Tech support at Sage/ACT, who was loud and diffcult to understand, transferred me to Customer Service at Sage/ACT, who was loud and difficult to understand, and interrupted me a lot.  Her idea was that I turn to this community for the fix to this problem, so here I am.  Does anyone know how to access the fix/patch/utility that will let me send out our company newsletter to our contacts in ACT?   I am running Windows XP Pro, and using Firefox as my browser.  Thanks!!

Please use plain text.
Platinum Super Contributor
gmartin
Message 2 of 10 (3,386 Views)

Re: HELLLP! E-mail blast from Swiftpage disabled in ACT

Hello Susan,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

It sounds like the Swiftpage addon has become disabled.  If it is, this can be resolved by using the instructions in the following article: KB Article 27128

Greg Martin
Sage
Please use plain text.
Susan Adams
Message 3 of 10 (3,372 Views)

Thank you!  Will check it out. 

Please use plain text.
Bronze Contributor
pbuchtmann
Message 4 of 10 (3,360 Views)

Poor customer service from Swiftpage has been mine similar experience so I stopped using or recommending them to my clients and went to another solution.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Please use plain text.
Employee
kassi
Message 5 of 10 (3,347 Views)

I'm sorry to hear that anyone has had any negative experiences with Swiftpage and want to assure both of you this is not ever acceptable.  It sounds like your issues have been resolved for now however if either of you ever need anything or have any feedback regarding the level of service you get from Swiftpage please feel free to let me know and I will be sure to follow up appropriately.

Paul - I'm sorry to hear that you had to go somewhere else however know that we'd always be happy to have you back. 

Susan - I think this is a good tool for you to utilize for any of the ACT! E-marketing issues to get around having to call in and it looks like Sage reps can reply quickly and effectively to your questions here.

Feel free to contact me directly about anything Swiftpage related either of you may need. kjohnson@swiftpage.com

Please use plain text.
Susan Adams
Message 6 of 10 (3,338 Views)

Kassi:  I had VERY good experience with Swiftpage tech support.  It was Sage/ACT support and customer service who were so fast, loud, rude and unhelpful that I took a 15 minute break to recover when I was done with them both.  The next day, I started over at Swiftpage, thinking maybe if I said enough words, that a soution could be found without me having to go back to Sage/ACT people.  (Who were AWFUL.  Really, really awful.  As in, awful enough that I am researching other marketing/database options.)  Marilyn, in the Swiftpage support dep't., was WONDERFUL.  As I outlined my use of Swiftpage and the problem with the "cloud" e-marketing in ACT, she intuited what the problem must be, flushed ACT and had me re-enter my connecting information to Swiftpage, and got me on my way.  It was perfect, seamless.  Everything that a customer service/tech support interaction ought to be.  Congratulations to to her, to you, and to your team.

Please use plain text.
Susan Adams
Message 7 of 10 (3,335 Views)

Well, that wasn't it...but the problem was found and fixed.  I had made some adjustments to our accounts and users in Swiftpage,  and ACT had a hard time integrating the changes, I gather.  Swiftpage tech support "flushed" our ACT! db and had me re-introduce to Swiftpage from ACT.  Problem solved.

Please use plain text.
Employee
kassi
Message 8 of 10 (3,331 Views)

Very glad to hear it. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Employee
kassi
Message 9 of 10 (3,323 Views)

In addition to this thread I'd like to offer the following information.

This error can occur due to many reasons including everything from a new computer to a Microsoft update.  You'll notice this when you click on your E-marketing icon and get this error.

To fix this add Swiftpage as a trusted site then close and re-access through the write menu.

(If you're on Windows 7 make sure UAC is turned off.)

Please use plain text.
Susan Adams
Message 10 of 10 (3,320 Views)

Thanks, Kassi.  Will note for future reference.

Please use plain text.