Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
BrianLiebig
Message 1 of 8 (966 Views)

How to post a new entry?

[ Edited ]

Will someone kindly inform me as to how to go about posting a number of different questions concerning how to use act.  I have joined the community but i will be if i can figure out how to post a new entry.  Is this just too difficult for the novice user ?  Does anyone else feel this way ?  Is Sage reading this ?

Please use plain text.
Platinum Super Contributor
gmartin
Message 2 of 8 (957 Views)

Re: How to post a new entry?

[ Edited ]

Hello Brian,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

Having joined the Community, you will be signed in - this allows you to respond and create new posts.  To create a new post you will want to enter the appropriate board (Sage ACT!, Sage ACT! Premium) and then select the New Message option, on the left and just above the submitted topics and below the word 'Community' (to the left of the header image).

To check if you are signed in, look for your Community username to be displayed under the word 'Community' (to the left of the header image).  If you are not signed in, you will see the option for 'Sign In' (opposed to 'Sign Out').

Before making your first post, please be sure to read over the Community Guidelines. We welcome you to the Sage ACT! Community and look forward to your contributions.

Greg Martin
Sage
Please use plain text.
Tuned Listener
Anne18
Message 3 of 8 (754 Views)

I must be missing it. I can't find how to get to the "Board" for Sage ACT! Premium so that I can look for the posting mechanism. I am signed in, my name appears above Sage ACT! Community and right before "Sign Out."  I have been trying to do this for 30 minutes.

Please use plain text.
Platinum Super Contributor
gmartin
Message 4 of 8 (752 Views)

When you first sign into the Community, you will see the heading 'Product Forums'.  Listed under Product Forums will be the various boards; Sage ACT! Premium should be the second item.  Click on 'Sage ACT! Premium' to enter the board, then look for the icon 'New Message' just below your username (3 lines below).

If you are still in the Feedback posts, click on 'Sage ACT! Community' just below your name to be taken to the main screen.

Greg Martin
Sage
Please use plain text.
cd77063
Message 5 of 8 (526 Views)

Great question - very difficult to navigate this site, ughhh!

Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
ghollister
Message 6 of 8 (524 Views)

Hello cd77063,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulty navigating this forum. Do you need help with reading or posting to a particular board or accessing a feature?

Greig Hollister
Sage

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software

Please use plain text.
cd77063
Message 7 of 8 (515 Views)

I figured out how to post a new entry.  As a result I posted a new entry only to find out that I could only use 150 characters.

My question is why did I lose over half my contacts. I was editing info on contact 336 when I recvd a "bitmap" error.  After "x" out of that I only had 1 - 336 contacts.  How do I retrieve the lost 485 contacts?

Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
ghollister
Message 8 of 8 (509 Views)

[ Edited ]

It looks like you attempted to type the entire issue in the subject line of your new post - this has a 150 character limit. For future new posts, type a brief summary in the Subject box, then details in the larger box below labeled "Body". I will address your issue in the main post you made earlier: http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT/I-edited-850-records-I-recd-screen-bitmap-error-edited-Groups/m...

Greig Hollister
Sage

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software

Please use plain text.