gmorhardt
Message 1 of 7 (1,051 Views)

importing data to version 11

I can import the main contact information from ver 6 to ver 11 through a data base file but how do I export and import the notes and history? I am trying to go from one laptop with m/s XP (ver6) to a new laptop with Vista (ver 11).

Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
GLComputing
Message 2 of 7 (1,028 Views)

Re: importing data to version 11

ACT! 11 can just open and convert the ACT! 6.0 database (you need all the files of the ACT! 6 db).To do that, see this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/6lulcr

Then, if you have an ACT! 11 database, you can merge the converted database into it as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/5vh3l8

Please use plain text.
gmorhardt
Message 3 of 7 (1,018 Views)

Maybe I am missing something but the link you gave me tells how to convert this data base if it is on the same computer. I need to export my data from one laptop with ACT 6 and import it into another laptop with ACT 11. Can this be done and save all the notes and history? i haven't found a way yet. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
GLComputing
Message 4 of 7 (1,012 Views)

Yes, you just copy the ACT! 6.0 database to the new PC before the steps in that link - remember ALL the files with the same filename, but different extension, are needed
Please use plain text.
gmorhardt
Message 5 of 7 (1,005 Views)

YES! Thank you. It took me a couple to times to get it but it works. Now is there a way to merge two data bases in ACT 11??

Thank you again for the help.

Please use plain text.
Please use plain text.
gmorhardt
Message 7 of 7 (1,000 Views)

THANKS again.

Please use plain text.