Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
cbedell
Message 1 of 9 (10,837 Views)

e-mail blast

Does anyone know how to e-mail blast from ACT? Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
GLComputing
Message 2 of 9 (10,818 Views)
Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
Pierre
Message 3 of 9 (10,818 Views)

Re: e-mail blast

Have you tried the "Write...Mail Merge" menu?
You can merge to a document, to a printer, or to e-mail...

Pierre
Please use plain text.
ACTinNC
Message 4 of 9 (10,572 Views)

On this same thread, how can you send an email blast to several groups with duplicate detection? We have many groups with some shared membership and don't want to send the same email two or three times. I know some email marketing add-ons work, but I am very tired of hearing that ACT's problems are only solved with Add-ons - we just made a big investment in upgrading to ACT and I hate to keep going back and saying "with this add-on" we can...
Please use plain text.
alfcentral
Message 5 of 9 (10,532 Views)

ACTinNC wrote:
I know some email marketing add-ons work, but I am very tired of hearing that ACT's problems are only solved with Add-ons - we just made a big investment in upgrading to ACT and I hate to keep going back and saying "with this add-on" we can...

I completely agree - if a feature is in such demand, and someone out there has created the programming to do it, how hard is it to make the integration so that all users get the functionality that they seem to need, rather than just those that can afford to keep purchasing add-ons? I mean, for something like integration with a completely different software package (for example, in the case of an accounting add-on), where not every purchaser would likely require that specific functionality, then sure, an add-on makes sense, but when it's a fairly core function which the program sort of already does, just not so effectively, that so many users seem to want to have built in to the level of effectiveness that an add-on provides, it just seems like a money grab to me.
Please use plain text.
GLComputing
Message 6 of 9 (10,508 Views)

[ Edited ]

ACTinNC wrote:
On this same thread, how can you send an email blast to several groups with duplicate detection? We have many groups with some shared membership and don't want to send the same email two or three times. I know some email marketing add-ons work, but I am very tired of hearing that ACT's problems are only solved with Add-ons - we just made a big investment in upgrading to ACT and I hate to keep going back and saying "with this add-on" we can...

Sorry to suggest this, but this add-on will do it:

You might also suggest this at this page - http://www.act.com/community/feature/

Message Edited by GLComputing on 03-15-2008 03:37 AM
Please use plain text.
ACTinNC
Message 7 of 9 (10,450 Views)

Thanks for your help.  You have replied to several of my posts and I appreciate the help.  Sometimes just getting a confirmation that you can't do something within the program helps.

Please use plain text.
GLComputing
Message 8 of 9 (10,447 Views)

ACTinNC wrote:
Thanks for your help.  You have replied to several of my posts and I appreciate the help.  Sometimes just getting a confirmation that you can't do something within the program helps.

It's one of ACT!'s strengths that it has a good SDK and many developers... this means that those functions that Sage didn't think of or didn't see enough users who needed it to make the effort worth while, can be added via an add-on (commercial or custom)

Some people see this is some type of flaw... but no amount of effort can produce a product that does everything for as many users as ACT! has and with as many features that are core to those users.
Please use plain text.
Sarah.Miller
Message 9 of 9 (3,158 Views)

Can Email blast lists be taken from a Group? How?

Please use plain text.