Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
kamilact
Message 1 of 4 (1,324 Views)

act sage error message on new database "customized culture can not be passed by LCID"

Just purchased ACT! 2010, whenever I try to create a new database I am given the error "Customized Cultures cannot be passed by LCID, only by name" and nothing further happens.  Running Vista home premium, SP2. 

I don't have such file as C:\Windows\Globalization and/or gd-GB.nlp, anywhere in this computer.

I can not even restore my existing desktop act 2008 database, into my laptop, error says, it was created by another  computer. Has to be restored on that computer.

I thought 2010 would be better in terms of back up and restore, I am having the same problems all over again.

Dealing with act database creation, backup and restore problems takes so much time. It is almost insane.......

Can anybody help?   

Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
knight riders
Message 2 of 4 (1,290 Views)

Re: act sage error message on new database "customized culture can not be passed by LCID"

Hello,

Please follow the KB article  :

Error: "Customized cultures cannot be passed by LCID, only by name

thanks

Knight Rider

Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
Ideal POS
Message 3 of 4 (1,139 Views)

Re: act sage error message on new database "customized culture can not be passed by LCID"

This would be helpful if it didnt point to a page that already has no information that helps. I too do not even have the file within the globalization folder to rename it.
Please use plain text.
dlunceford
Message 4 of 4 (1,121 Views)

Are there any files with nlp extension in the Globalization folder?
Please use plain text.