Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Message 1 of 4 (1,407 Views)

act sage error message on new database "customized culture can not be passed by LCID"

Just purchased ACT! 2010, whenever I try to create a new database I am given the error "Customized Cultures cannot be passed by LCID, only by name" and nothing further happens.  Running Vista home premium, SP2. 

I don't have such file as C:\Windows\Globalization and/or gd-GB.nlp, anywhere in this computer.

I can not even restore my existing desktop act 2008 database, into my laptop, error says, it was created by another  computer. Has to be restored on that computer.

I thought 2010 would be better in terms of back up and restore, I am having the same problems all over again.

Dealing with act database creation, backup and restore problems takes so much time. It is almost insane.......

Can anybody help?   

Copper Contributor
Message 2 of 4 (1,373 Views)

Re: act sage error message on new database "customized culture can not be passed by LCID"

Hello,

Please follow the KB article  :

Error: "Customized cultures cannot be passed by LCID, only by name

thanks

Knight Rider

Copper Contributor
Message 3 of 4 (1,222 Views)

Re: act sage error message on new database "customized culture can not be passed by LCID"

This would be helpful if it didnt point to a page that already has no information that helps. I too do not even have the file within the globalization folder to rename it.
Message 4 of 4 (1,204 Views)

Are there any files with nlp extension in the Globalization folder?