Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
gmoffet
Message 1 of 4 (2,536 Views)
Accepted Solution

access denied when trying outlook integration

I just installed Act! 11.0 (bought a new computer and had to upgrade from 6.0).  It appears that 11.0 doesn't synch w/ my Blackberry (from the forum I gleaned that Blackberry quit supporting Act! several versions ago, but if I'm mistaken please share how to go about getting the synch to work).  So I'm trying to integrate 11.0 w/ my old faithful Outlook 2003 in hopes that it will then integrate w/ the Blackberry (optimist that I am).  In following the Help instructions to set up Outlook integration I get to the last screen and get the following message: 

Access to path 'C:\ProgramData\ACT\ACT For Windows11\SCHEDULER_FILE.xml' is denied

First, am I going about trying to solve my real issue in the most expedient way?  If not, I'd appreciate any input on that.  If so, any idea how to solve the integration issue?

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
ghollister
Message 2 of 4 (2,530 Views)

Re: access denied when trying outlook integration

It sounds like you are on a Vista machine. If so, try disabling User Account Control (UAC). Instructions are in KB Article 20220

Greig Hollister
Sage

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software

Please use plain text.
gmoffet
Message 3 of 4 (2,479 Views)

Thanks Greig, That solved it. Now 2 questions: 1) should I re-enable my UAC? And, 2) is there anyway to set up the integration so that it only transfers calendar entries and not my Task List?
Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
ghollister
Message 4 of 4 (2,462 Views)

1) I would leave UAC off, since it tends to inhibit some functions.

2) The calendar integration copies all ACT! activities on your calendar to the one in Outlook. However, Outlook only transfers what is on its calendar, not on its Task List

Greig Hollister
Sage

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software

Please use plain text.