Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
joyolivercmt
Message 1 of 5 (611 Views)

Unable to export/import- Grayed out!

I'm using ACT! 2006 and need to export my client contact info into an online e-mail marketing website. Both Import and Export are grayed out. I've tried following the instructions on the online manuals, etc., but to no avail. Does anyone know what might work?

Thank you so much.

-Joy

Platinum Elite Contributor
ghollister
Message 2 of 5 (606 Views)

Re: Unable to export/import- Grayed out!

Hello Joy,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Make sure you are logged into the database as an Administrator or Manager level user. Standard level users do not have the ability to import/export. You can tell what level you are by going to Help > About ACT!, then clicking the Database Information button, then look under Security Role in the top section of the screen.

Greig Hollister
Sage

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software

joyolivercmt
Message 3 of 5 (602 Views)

Thank you, Greg! I will try that...
joyolivercmt
Message 4 of 5 (600 Views)

Greg,

It's set to Standard level user. How can I get at the Manager or Admin level?  This program was set up several years ago by a lady who does not work with us anymore. At the moment, we have no record of any Admin username or password for ACT.

Thank you for any input!

-Joy

Platinum Elite Contributor
ghollister
Message 5 of 5 (597 Views)

[ Edited ]

Every ACT! has to have at least one Admin user. If you know the lady's name, try logging into the database with her first and last name, leaving the password field blank. You can also try variations of her name (first only, first initial last name) or try the user name "administrator" or "admin".

If you have a multiuser database, have the other users check to see if they are Admin or Manager users.

Greig Hollister
Sage

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software