downtownwhitewater
Message 1 of 3 (122 Views)

Syncing the contacts from Outlook 2010 to Sage 2010 ACT! - Contact & Customer Manager

How do I sync the contacts from Outlook 2010 to Sage 2010 ACT! - contact & Customer Manager?

I have tried countless different ways with not success. I found one video that was helpful, but it when I tried it, I did not have "Outlook" drop down menu. 

If you could please give me a step by step process or a link to a video that could assist me in transferring my contacts FROM Outlook 2010 to 2010 ACT! Sage that would be great!

Thank you,

Tami

Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
ghollister
Message 2 of 3 (78 Views)

Re: Syncing the contacts from Outlook 2010 to Sage 2010 ACT! - Contact & Customer Manager

Hello Tami,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Unfortunately, ACT! 2010 does not support Office 2010 - that was added in ACT! 2011. In addition, Outlook contact/calendar was not added until ACT! 2011 either. For sync, you would need to purchase a third-party add-in like CompanionLink: http://sagepss.com/Solution.aspx?SolutionID=2695&sr=q=Outlook&p=1&v=158%2c160

If you wanted to get a one time import of your Outlook contacts into ACT!, then you can export them from Outlook into an Excel or .csv file, then import that file into ACT!.

Greig Hollister
Sage

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software

Please use plain text.
downtownwhitewater
Message 3 of 3 (74 Views)

Re: Syncing the contacts from Outlook 2010 to Sage 2010 ACT! - Contact & Customer Manager

Greig,

Is there a way to upgrade my 2010 version to a 2013 version? 

The CompanionLink Express will allow me do integrate with Outlook 2010, but if I commit to this, will it put me behind in the end?

I know you can buy the full version of Sage 2013 http://na.sage.com/sage-act/products/sage-act-pro

but my questions is, is there an upgrade I can purchase instead for 2013?

Tami

Also, I am a nonprofit organization, should this alter my purchasing decision?

Please use plain text.