Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
mullins_jay
Message 1 of 3 (649 Views)

Synch Error "The administrator has temporarily suspended synchronization of the database"

I have followed the help menu istructions to no avail. 

1. From the Tools menu, click Synchronization Panel.
  2. Under User Tasks, click Manage Database.
  3. On the Select a Database page, select the remote database to suspend synchronization for.
  4. Under Admin Tasks, click Disable/Change Sync Status.
  5. On the Change Synchronization Status page, select Suspended. Click Finish.

Both the address book and the datebook are marked as active but I still get the error below:

*** Synchronization failed. ***
The administrator has temporarily suspended synchronization of the database. Please notify the administrator to resume synchronization.

ACT! Activities Starting 09/21/09 10:22:28.718

*** Synchronization failed. ***
The administrator has temporarily suspended synchronization of the database. Please notify the administrator to resume synchronization.

Please use plain text.
dlunceford
Message 2 of 3 (610 Views)

Re: Synch Error "The administrator has temporarily suspended synchronization of the database"

The steps you provided will suspend the database, which will result in the error.  Did you mean you check the sync status and it was already set to active?
Please use plain text.
mullins_jay
Message 3 of 3 (602 Views)

Re: Synch Error "The administrator has temporarily suspended synchronization of the database"

Yes, when I went through the steps and got to the screen that allows you to change from active to suspend or one of the other two options it is checked off as "Active"
Please use plain text.