Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Nickel Elite Contributor
jnpurdy
Message 1 of 2 (1,570 Views)

Still No Response To Adding Contacts To An Oppofrtunity

ACT 2010

I'm wondering if there is a procedural way to add multiple contacts to an opportunity.  When I add an additional contact, say from a supporting manufacturer, the company reference changes from the original company (the customer) to the added contact's company (manufacturer). 

So I guess the question I am asking is how to lock the original company to the opportunity.

I did get a response something about being in alphabetical order, but I am still not clear.  The way I look at it is I have an opportunity.  I will need multiple resources to get the opportunity closed.  I would not expect to the the opportunity's ownership to change from company to company because additional people have been added.  Does anyone have any thought?  Am I using Opportunities incorrectly?  Do others have this problem -- or is it really a feature?

Thank you in advance for reading and your response to this post.

John Purdy
Sage ACT! Premium 2014 (V. 16)
Dell XPS Ultrabook
Windows 8 Professional, Outlook 2010 with Exchange 2011
Please use plain text.
Copper Elite Contributor
Message 2 of 2 (1,568 Views)

Re: Still No Response To Adding Contacts To An Opportunity

Hello John,

I am not an expert just an user but I think you using opportunities incorrectly.

I use to close deal with one person in a given company. Yes, I do use to link other contacts (colleagues) that may be also involved.

Concerning to other people or resources you need to close a deal, same happens to me, but I use to connect this people or resources in any activity and history I do to accomplish a given sales opportunity.

To an opportunity I only connect people that belongs to same company (and company does not change).

My partner are connected to activities and / or history.

I hope this help you.

Regards,

Mac, Jorge A. Mac Genity
Using ACT! by Sage 2013 Pro Version 15.1.108.0, on Windows 7
Intel Core I7-2600 CPU @ 3,40 GHz
12,0 GB - 64 bits - NVidia GForce GTX 360 SE
Please use plain text.