Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
coloradochip
Message 1 of 7 (4,202 Views)

Send email to group

Is there a way to send an email to all recipients in a group?  I have ACT set up with outlook 2007, but can't seem to figure out how to send to more than one at a time.  I can access the ACT address book through outlook, but it's a pain to have to cross reference every name to make sure I selected the entire group.

Please use plain text.
Platinum Super Contributor
gmartin
Message 2 of 7 (4,173 Views)

Re: Send email to group

Hello Coloradochip,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

You can send an email to a Group by:

- go to Group list view

- left click on desired Group to highlight it

- click on the Write menu

- select Email (top option)

This should open a new email message window with the email addresses populated in the 'To' field.

Greg Martin
Sage
Please use plain text.
Nickel Elite Contributor
jnpurdy
Message 3 of 7 (4,160 Views)

Good evening coloradoc

If using an addon product is an option, I would like to recommend eMailConnect Pro by www.actaddons.eu

I am not affiliated with them; just use the product and it makes it very easy to send group eMails -- even delay the send.

John Purdy
Sage ACT! Premium 2014 (V. 16)
Dell XPS Ultrabook
Windows 8 Professional, Outlook 2010 with Exchange 2011
Please use plain text.
BARBARA_ART
Message 4 of 7 (3,818 Views)

Re: ACT...So how do you send emails from your groups that land individually to each one, not as a group?

I have the Sage Act Program and cannot figure this out as I have to send out invites to a gallery open house which is to be this coming Thursday July 8th.

The instructions are not clear at all. I do not want to send the group together but separatey as an invite.

Need help ASAP!!

BARBARA_ART

Please use plain text.
Nickel Elite Contributor
jnpurdy
Message 5 of 7 (3,804 Views)

Hello Barbara_Art.

First, I would like to echo that eMailConnect is the easiest way to manage eMail merges.  I too am not affiliated with the company, just a user. 

Moving on to your question, though, I think you need to look a little further down the "Write" button.  At the bottom of mine is an option, "mail merge".  Just follow the bouncing ball and you should be able to accomplish what you want. 

Post back if you can't find it or have a question about the dialogue box.  Well, I guess about the dialogue box, because if you can't find it, I wouldn't know where to send you.  The eMails will go to everyone in the group as if it were sent individually.  You can even add fields from the person's record to personalize the eMail. 

John Purdy
Sage ACT! Premium 2014 (V. 16)
Dell XPS Ultrabook
Windows 8 Professional, Outlook 2010 with Exchange 2011
Please use plain text.
Copper Super Contributor
gtdc
Message 6 of 7 (3,786 Views)

if you're not doing too many then do a mail merge.

Please use plain text.
jmuzquiz
Message 7 of 7 (246 Views)

Greg:

In my case in the To field I prefer to display the group name only rather than individual recipients (think of a list of tenants in a building whose email addresses I as landlord or leasing agent am not at liberty to disclose).  Until I moved to Act 2014 and switched from Eudora to Outlook it was painless; I could write an email and select a specific group from a drop down list.  Now the list selection is limited to individual email addresses.

Thanks in advance for your help, I'm frustrated beyond words.  New software versions, whole new set of problems and issues.

Regards,

Juan

Please use plain text.