Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
kasteel
Message 1 of 4 (2,000 Views)

Sage Act 2011 Pro :Resolution of dependency failed" and 'current build operation failed"

Suddenly, out of no where today, my act program will not open. It keeps giving me this error message....

Resolution of dependency failed, type = "Act.UI.ActApplication". Exception message is current build oporation failed.

The error message is much more than that, but that seems to be the basic message. And of coarse, even though this seems to be a problem with the quality of the program in general, Sage wants $100 per incident to help fix the problem.

Anyone ever wonder if they build crappy programs so they can charge people endless amounts of money for program repairs????

Can anyone help??? Would be MUCH appreciative of any knowledge of how to fix this issue.

Thanks!

Sherri

Please use plain text.
Nickel Super Contributor
dshaw111
Message 2 of 4 (1,992 Views)

Re: Sage Act 2011 Pro :Resolution of dependency failed" and 'current build operation failed"

Sherri - You should look at this KB - http://tinyurl.com/7pufagj
HTH

David Shaw
ACT! Consultant for over 20 years
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Please use plain text.
niagra1
Message 3 of 4 (1,983 Views)

Re: Sage Act 2011 Pro :Resolution of dependency failed" and 'current build operation failed"

sherri - I had incredibly similar problem (two notches above yours in the list). My 'fix' was to delete the program and reload. Ahhhhh !!! Whole new set of problems. Not something I would recommend repeating.  Dave

Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
tonyholowitz
Message 4 of 4 (646 Views)

This just happen to a client that upgraded to version 16.  It was simple: they were clicking on the old ACT icon and not the new orange act icon.

Tony Holowitz
Arlington (Boston), Massachusetts
781-728-9777

www.tonytheteacher.com
www.365ActTips.com
www.TeachAnOldDogNewTricks.com
Please use plain text.