Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
staceyg13
Message 11 of 22 (1,256 Views)

Re: SQL Database Service not started

Thanks Gary

Please use plain text.
centrewellingtonchamber
Message 12 of 22 (1,229 Views)

A FEW ISSUES:

1) I tried everything that was posted earlier to solve this "SQL Database Service not started" problem but it does not work.

the status of SQL Act7 says started, and I've restarted it 3 times. Still unsuccessful.

I am Windows XP, and the new ACT Pro 2012

Can you please help??

I have had numerous problems with this new ACT and Simply 2012.

2) the ACT! link for Sage Simply Accounting 2012. We just installed SA 2012. After the link is installed and I am trying to connect it says "Only Simply Accounting 2012 files are supported". Well that is the only SA type we have so am I missing something here? I did just notice: When I go to select Setup from the SSA link at the top of ACT, it says: Version: 2011
Vendor: Sage Software, Inc.
Company File: \\CWCC1\SA Data\Centre .......
How do I change that? We don't have the 2011 version anymore (it isn't giving me any options to change it)

3)Another problem is we are a network of computers, and so the Search feature on the new ACT! 2012 does not work. This is a BIG issue as we have a large database of customers

Thanks

Please use plain text.
RJacks
Message 13 of 22 (1,225 Views)

I have had the same problem. Using ACT pro ver 13 with Outlook 2010.

I had to go to start & search for services.mcs then start.  Always cleared things. Worked fine for about two months. Just started giving me same msgs again. Here are error msgs.

act error msg

Please use plain text.
centrewellingtonchamber
Message 14 of 22 (1,223 Views)

I may have just discovered what is happening. There seems to be a lot of issues surrounding "linked computers"

When our main server computer has opened ACT! that day (just did it), it works on all other computers!

What an inconviencnce as this was never the case before. At least i can access my database, but i thought it was supposed to SAVE time not make you lose it!

Please use plain text.
jacksonreg
Message 15 of 22 (1,212 Views)

I am on a stand alone laptop.
Please use plain text.
Platinum Super Contributor
gmartin
Message 16 of 22 (1,207 Views)

Centrewellingtonchamber,

With the 2012 SP1 update, when opening the database on the server it check to see if the SQL Server (ACT7) service is started.  If it is not, it will attempt to start it.  You do not have to have the database open on the server to be able to access it from a workstation, I would suspect that the service was stopped and that opening the database started it.  You can test by closing the database on the server and making sure the service is running, then attempt to access from the server.

You will want to contact Simply Accounting support for issues with the Link for Simply Accounting.

I believe you are referring to Universal Search; it may be that the port it uses is being blocked.  Here is an article with instructions for identifying the port and changing it: KB Article 28244.  If issues continue with Universal Search, please start a new post.

------------------------------------------

Jacksonreg,

For your situation, seeing that you are using a laptop, it may be that the laptop is going into 'hibernate/sleep' mode and causing the SQL Server service to hang.  Does rebooting resolve the issue?  To test: reboot > check services to ensure 'SQL server (ACT7)' is started > attempt to open database.  You will also want to ensure the Startup Type for the service is set to 'Automatic' (set to 'Automatic - Delayed' for Windows 7).  Instructions are found in this article: KB Article 28328

Greg Martin
Sage
Please use plain text.
jacksonreg
Message 17 of 22 (1,201 Views)

gmartin -  this happens when I first turn my computer on for the day. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Copper Elite Contributor
mrogers
Message 18 of 22 (1,200 Views)

Are you autostarting Act! ?  It may be that the SQL Service has not had enough time to start when launching Act! at startup.

Mark Rogers
Act! v16 HF5, Office 365 SBP
Please use plain text.
Platinum Super Contributor
gmartin
Message 19 of 22 (1,124 Views)

Please use plain text.
r2frame
Message 20 of 22 (742 Views)

I've tried installing Act Pro 2012 and running on both Win 7 and XP. Neither works. Getting error saying dtatbase instance does not exist.

When I go to services and try to manually start theSQL Act7 service I get an eror that references error code 17058.

Previously I was running ACT 2009. Now nothing will run.

Please use plain text.