Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
astauffer
Message 1 of 6 (3,001 Views)
Accepted Solution

Remote database restore error (ACT 2007/Workgroups)

[ Edited ]

I have searched the internet and this forum without results for this particular error when trying to unpack a remote database in ACT 2007 Premium for Workgroups.

The .RDB file itself was created successfully from the server. However, when I try to unpack/restore on the remote user's laptop, I get this error:

"Failed to restore remote database. zip entry manifest invalid"

The second sentence looks just like that, without punctuation or capitalization (?) I am thinking that since the .RDB file was created while users where in the database, the file is failing some sort of hash check. Before I start the 3.5 hour process once again to create a new .RDB file I just wanted some confirmation of my suspicions.

Thank you!

eta: version of ACT I am using

Message Edited by astauffer on 10-09-2009 02:51 PM
Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
GLComputing
Message 2 of 6 (2,974 Views)

Re: Remote database restore error (ACT 2007/Workgroups)

How big is the RDB file?

I've seen this with ACT! 2007 when the file was close to 4GB (it's a ZIP file and ZIP has a limit around there). As you say you spent 3.5 hours to create it, this sounds likely.

If this is the issue, you need to either send a smaller subset of the data or upgrade to a later version (I think this was fixed in 10.03)

Please use plain text.
astauffer
Message 3 of 6 (2,966 Views)

Yes, the file is about that size and what you say makes a lot of sense. I edited the sync set to send a smaller set of data for the initial RDB creation. If this works, and I get the remote database up and running, can I then change the sync set to add the rest of the records to the remote? It's pretty important that this user has access to all records.
Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
GLComputing
Message 4 of 6 (2,962 Views)

If the large amount of data is due to attachments, that might work...I haven't tried it and I haven't used ACT! 2007 (9.0) in a while

But if the ADF is that large, the remote is probably using SQL Express, which won't allow it.

Please use plain text.
astauffer
Message 5 of 6 (2,956 Views)

The ADF is 756 MB. Hopefully this is the last time I have to create a new remote before we decide to upgrade ACT.

Will report back with my results.

Please use plain text.
astauffer
Message 6 of 6 (2,937 Views)

Thank you Mike for your reply and suggestions.

I created a new RBD without the attachments and was able to unpack and set up the remote on the new laptop. Then I moved the attachments from the old folder to the new one so that ACT can find them from the new remote. Worked great.

Please use plain text.