Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Message 1 of 6 (3,052 Views)
Accepted Solution

Remote database restore error (ACT 2007/Workgroups)

[ Edited ]

I have searched the internet and this forum without results for this particular error when trying to unpack a remote database in ACT 2007 Premium for Workgroups.

The .RDB file itself was created successfully from the server. However, when I try to unpack/restore on the remote user's laptop, I get this error:

"Failed to restore remote database. zip entry manifest invalid"

The second sentence looks just like that, without punctuation or capitalization (?) I am thinking that since the .RDB file was created while users where in the database, the file is failing some sort of hash check. Before I start the 3.5 hour process once again to create a new .RDB file I just wanted some confirmation of my suspicions.

Thank you!

eta: version of ACT I am using

Message Edited by astauffer on 10-09-2009 02:51 PM
Platinum Elite Contributor
Message 2 of 6 (3,025 Views)

Re: Remote database restore error (ACT 2007/Workgroups)

How big is the RDB file?

I've seen this with ACT! 2007 when the file was close to 4GB (it's a ZIP file and ZIP has a limit around there). As you say you spent 3.5 hours to create it, this sounds likely.

If this is the issue, you need to either send a smaller subset of the data or upgrade to a later version (I think this was fixed in 10.03)

Message 3 of 6 (3,017 Views)

Yes, the file is about that size and what you say makes a lot of sense. I edited the sync set to send a smaller set of data for the initial RDB creation. If this works, and I get the remote database up and running, can I then change the sync set to add the rest of the records to the remote? It's pretty important that this user has access to all records.
Platinum Elite Contributor
Message 4 of 6 (3,013 Views)

If the large amount of data is due to attachments, that might work...I haven't tried it and I haven't used ACT! 2007 (9.0) in a while

But if the ADF is that large, the remote is probably using SQL Express, which won't allow it.

Message 5 of 6 (3,007 Views)

The ADF is 756 MB. Hopefully this is the last time I have to create a new remote before we decide to upgrade ACT.

Will report back with my results.

Highlighted
Message 6 of 6 (2,988 Views)

Thank you Mike for your reply and suggestions.

I created a new RBD without the attachments and was able to unpack and set up the remote on the new laptop. Then I moved the attachments from the old folder to the new one so that ACT can find them from the new remote. Worked great.