Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Master Commentator
training2go
Message 1 of 5 (1,110 Views)

Product/Services tab question

Hello,

I'm using ACT 2011 Pro.

I'm curious to know if there is a way to resize the Subtotal field on the Oppoertunities product/services tab. The subtotal field is all the way on the right of the tab?

Thank you

Tracy

Please use plain text.
Platinum Super Contributor
gmartin
Message 2 of 5 (1,064 Views)

Re: Product/Services tab question

You can rearrange the columns (move Subtotal to the left) by left clicking on one and then dragging it to the appropriate area.  Another way to do this is to use the 'Customize Columns' option (just above the Subtotal column by default).  Click on 'Customize Columns' and you can modify the columns - adding/removing/rearranging.

Greg Martin
Sage
Please use plain text.
Master Commentator
training2go
Message 3 of 5 (1,018 Views)

Hi Greg,

I tried using the customize columns dialog box to be able to resize the subtotal field on the products/services opportunity tab, but all that dialog box allowed you to do is change the order of the fields, and hide/display fields.

What I can't understand is why the bar at the end of the field can't be resized like the other fields/columns can be on the view.
for example, if you place the mouse pointer on the line between any of the field headings on the tab and drag the mouse pointer to the left, you can resize the column/field, just not with the last column on the tab.

Do you think that this is something that the developers would deem worthy of fixing?

Thank you
Tracy
Please use plain text.
Bronze Super Contributor
mscott821
Message 4 of 5 (990 Views)

If I am understanding what you are saying, I think you will find that on any multicolumn tab in Act! - notes, activities, histories, etc., the far right column will grow or shrink based upon the combined sizes of all of the other tabs so as to "fill the space" across the tab...

I am guessing that the Act! team might have no control over this behavior and that it is a hardwired function of the component used for these tabs...

Please use plain text.
Master Commentator
training2go
Message 5 of 5 (961 Views)

Hi M Scott,

Yes, I have noticed that this is a problem on many of the tabs, but to me it is worse on the product/services tab then the others.

I suspect that you are correct, that this may not be something that the developers deem worthy of fixing.
Please use plain text.