Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
tayles
Message 1 of 2 (865 Views)

Problem with sync over VPN

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have ACT! running on Windows Server 2008 and have two laptops that dial into the server remotely using VPN connections. I have created remote databases and copied them successfully onto the two laptops. The VPN connections work fine. However, when I try to sync the databases, they won't work.

The strange thing is that when the laptops are at home, in the same location as the server, they sync fine.  This is presumably because I'm bypassing the VPN connection and communicating with the server over the home network.

I've tried turning off the Windows firewall but that hasn't made any difference. Any ideas? Go easy on me please, I'm no IT whizz!

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
ghollister
Message 2 of 2 (838 Views)

Re: Problem with sync over VPN

Hello tayles,
This does sound like issue with the VPN access. If the VPN has it's own IP address, then in the remote databases, you can go into Tools > Synchronization Panel , click Manage Connection Information, and for the machine of the host, enter in the IP address for VPN. This is similar to the configuration used for Hamachi VPN, which is detailed in the following Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2333...

Greig Hollister
Sage

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software

Please use plain text.