joeorlando
Message 1 of 7 (309 Views)

Print Only Last Note/History

How do you only print out in a report the last note for each company?

Thank you,

Joe

Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
Roy_Laudenslage
Message 2 of 7 (287 Views)

Re: Print Only Last Note/History

There's no easy way. I have a report template thatprints the most recent Call Complted, Meeting Held, To-do Done and Note for each contact record.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Tech Benders
royel@techbenders.com
Please use plain text.
joeorlando
Message 3 of 7 (288 Views)

Roy, so could your template be modified to print out the last company note/history? I realy have no use for the other options but woul not mind leaving them in. My notes are more accurate then if I indicated call completed etc.

Please use plain text.
joeorlando
Message 4 of 7 (283 Views)

[ Edited ]

I've got an even better question; I don't need to see any notes or print anything out. I just need to know what company has not had a note added in the last 90 days. So if there was a way, such as using last edited to see which contacts those were. It would help immensly. The reason is I base my daily calls on what calls I haven't made in 90 days; when 90 days rolls arround I know to call them up. I have started to use the call button in act to plan my future calls, but that wont help right now.

Please use plain text.
Bronze Super Contributor
mscott821
Message 5 of 7 (279 Views)

Well, I think you pretty much hit your answer - use the system fields such as Last reach or Edit date.  If you are using Activities/History and updated the resuts, then the Reach and Attempt fields will be working for you to drive against them.

If you adding notes instead of histories, this is a good reason to use histories instead.

Notes are really intended to be those things that are not "actions" - just... notes.

Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
Roy_Laudenslage
Message 6 of 7 (278 Views)

Check out Lookup | Contact Activity.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Tech Benders
royel@techbenders.com
Please use plain text.
joeorlando
Message 7 of 7 (276 Views)

Re: Print Only Last Note

Think were almost there, so everytime I make a call I put it into the notes section of a company. In order to find out what company I have not made a note to I do what now? I can't do last edit because, sometimes I edit the smallest thing on the company, such as adding a period after Coca Cola, Inc. I tried looking for something in Company | Lookup,  but came up with not knowing where to click. If you could point it out exapmple. Lookup>"?"

Also, your saying in the future this is easier in the history box? And I should actually put the details of my conversations there.

Is there a way to transfer notes to the history box?

Could you point out>> how if I start making notes in history that I can find out which company I have not made a entry into the history tab in 90 days?

Thanks you very much!

Please use plain text.