Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Nickel Elite Contributor
jnpurdy
Message 1 of 6 (8,464 Views)
Accepted Solution

Merging Two Contacts

Re-Post (I inadvertendly posted this question in the wrong forum)

Act Ver 10 

When I imported the data for ACT 10, there are several records that were duplicated.  As I have already started using the system, I would prefer not to start over again and run the duplicate checker.

To those who offer some help, thanks in advance for your support.

John Purdy
Sage ACT! Premium 2014 (V. 16)
Dell XPS Ultrabook
Windows 8 Professional, Outlook 2010 with Exchange 2011
Please use plain text.
Silver Contributor
jonmklub
Message 2 of 6 (8,461 Views)

Re: Merging Two Contacts

Choose Copy/Move Data from the Tools menu. Will allow you to merge two contacts.

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Act v17 Virtual Roadshow Webinars: acttrainer.com/texas-act-road-show/
Monday, November 3, 2014 at 9am CEN
Tuesday, November 4, 2014 at 1...

Please use plain text.
Nickel Elite Contributor
jnpurdy
Message 3 of 6 (8,456 Views)

Thank you ... hopefully, my basic questions will come to an end soon.  When converting from one system to another, we tend to look for similar methods of doing the things we are accustomed to.

Have a great week.

John Purdy
Sage ACT! Premium 2014 (V. 16)
Dell XPS Ultrabook
Windows 8 Professional, Outlook 2010 with Exchange 2011
Please use plain text.
maureen3601
Message 4 of 6 (7,825 Views)

I want all of the detail on "Contact 1" and all of the detail on "Contact 2" to be combined into the final "Source Record: Contact 1". I don't want to loose any information and I don't want anything overridden. How do I make it happen?  I have  ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.0.237, Hotfix 1.

Thanks!

Maureen

Please use plain text.
Tuned Listener
ms21117
Message 5 of 6 (3,720 Views)

NO can do...Merging contacts is one of the functions that Act does not do well AT ALL....the other is a merge issue too - mail merge- other posts mention Act stopping after 25 records, etc,,,.. it's not a memory problem, it's an Act problem.  I had to buy an Add-On to get around it......In case someone chooses to comment back that Act has a "Scan for Duplicates" function, it does, but it's no good if you have a database of any size.....I love Act; have used it since it's first DOS version...however, the software designers have fallen asleep...please fix it so we can EASILY merge contacts, (not replace); and fix the email merge so it's functional...If anyone from Act is reading this and wants to fix it, please feel free to contact me on this post...Thanks!!!!!!!! 

Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
aritos
Message 6 of 6 (1,295 Views)

Hi, maybe you can help. I may be in the wrong area for this problem but here it goes,

I currently run act 2013,, my problem is that i create 2 accounts one for a husband and one for a wife,, they each have different soc sec number, and birthdays.. same address of course,, and sometimes same email, 

after a while i go look for the husband or the wife's account and find that there is now 2 accounts with the husband info or 2 of the wife's ,, it has merged them,, i have to go back and change the name again, birthday and social security number ,, then after a while it does it again,, its annoying and confussing after the back and forth,,

any help would be appreciated a lot,,

please help me

thanx

angel

Please use plain text.