Rich
Message 1 of 11 (5,580 Views)
Accepted Solution

MASS EMAIL

How can you do a mass email out of database?

Please use plain text.
dlunceford
Message 2 of 11 (5,577 Views)

Re: MASS EMAIL

Yes, you'll need to perform a mail merge.

How to Perform a Mail Merge in ACT!

Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
GLComputing
Message 3 of 11 (5,564 Views)

If you want to do more that 150 at a time (assuming ACT! 2005 or later), I recommend you get either MergeMaster or SwiftPage to do this.

Outlook and ACT! both seem to run out of resources at around that volume

Please use plain text.
Rich
Message 4 of 11 (5,542 Views)

Thank you for the help

Please use plain text.
hybridctr
Message 5 of 11 (5,235 Views)

I just finished installing ACT 9.0 and was trying to figure out how to send an email.... After reading most threads about sending up to a 50 email limit and then having to buy mail merge software to help ACT/your isp process all those emails, I dont see how this is in anyway better than campaign monitor. Does act have any way to track number of emails opened? how many times the emails were opened? how many bounced back? how many emails were unopened? How many times a attached file was downloaded?  

Those are all basic things a real Campaign Monitor offers for companies doing mass emails.

I am still going to use ACT as much as I can since it really is the next step for my company to be organized but it seems to fall very short as a useful mass mailer tool.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks,

David 

Please use plain text.
GLComputing
Message 6 of 11 (5,233 Views)
Please use plain text.
hybridctr
Message 7 of 11 (5,231 Views)

Ahh good to know! So my next questions is it worth upgrading to ver 10? and how much if you know off the top of your head? 

I've been using campaing monitor and it has been great. I'd love to use act for everything including mass emails if it can do everything and more.

Thanks again. 

Please use plain text.
GLComputing
Message 8 of 11 (5,222 Views)

Need to be careful about the version numbers... ACT! 2008 (v 10.0), ACT! 2010 (v 12.0)

I don't know the upgrade prices as we don't sell ACT!... and they would be different for you anyway as I'm in Australia :-)

Yes, it's worththe upgrade... many other worthwhile functions.

You'll still need to get a SwiftPage account, so you might give it a try with the link I posted and see if it does all the things you want

Please use plain text.
Nickel Elite Contributor
jnpurdy
Message 9 of 11 (5,218 Views)

First, I would strongly follow Mike Lazarus' advise as I've found his suggestions right on target.

I would like to offer, however, an alternative of eMailConnect Professional (http://www.actaddons.eu/).  I frequently run 500+ mail merge with no problems.

I am not an employee of the company, but it has been very useful for mail merge and many of the other features that is included.

John Purdy
Sage ACT! Premium 2014 (V. 16)
Dell XPS Ultrabook
Windows 8 Professional, Outlook 2010 with Exchange 2011
Please use plain text.
hybridctr
Message 10 of 11 (5,183 Views)

It looks like the cheaper option (eMailConnectProfessional) costs $99 and the upgrade to current 2010 version of ACT costs $126. It was mentioned that the 2010 version has a built in mail merger... If its correct that the newer version has the mail merger program built in, doesn't seem like much of a choice... 

Please use plain text.