Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
goldnson
Message 1 of 5 (110 Views)

I can not register ACT

I installed ACT on Friday on this new laptop, it was working fine until I set up my email to work with OUtlook and was prompted to re-start the program.  When it started again it will not accept my registration.

I went on Community and it said I needed to be logged on as Administrator so I did and it will still not let me register

Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
ghollister
Message 2 of 5 (109 Views)

Re: I can not register ACT

Hello goldnson,
When you open ACT!, are you getting a prompt to register the sofware. The you attempt to register using your serial number, and get an error? What is the specific error message? If you are using Windows Vista or Windows, one thing you can try is disabling User Account Control. Instructions for each O/S are in the following Knowledgebase articles:

Vista:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2022...

Windows 7:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2566...

Greig Hollister
Sage

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software

Please use plain text.
goldnson
Message 3 of 5 (107 Views)

The error message says i am unable to register act at this time and to try later.  I have tried to register by phone, by internet and by fax none of them work.  For the phone regisiter it comes up with an activate (i think) code with all the boxes greyed out so I can type in there.  When I tried by email I got a message from ACT saying it would expand my serial number and to try again.  Still did not work. 

Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
GLComputing
Message 4 of 5 (96 Views)
Please use plain text.
goldnson
Message 5 of 5 (95 Views)

Thank you all for your help.  I was able to fix the issue with help of an IT person.  I am good to go for now!

Please use plain text.